Resolved Question

House wired with multi speakers - how do I drive them?

I have just purchased a new home that has six rooms wired with built-in paradigm speakers. It was an estate sale (the owner/builder died just as the house was completed three years ago) and the estate has no records of who did the installation. All cables terminate in a data switchboard in the basement.
I would love to get some assistance in how to wire these speakers to be able to supply sound throughout the house.
The speakers are paradigm SA-15R, and SA-30.
Speakers in parallel to the amp?

Discussion is locked
3_fathom has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: House wired with multi speakers - how do I drive them?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: House wired with multi speakers - how do I drive them?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Part One. A speaker selector.
- Collapse -
Great - thanks

This was just what I was looking for.

- Collapse -
Glad it helped.

There is more gear than any of us are aware of out there.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
I don't think anyone can help you out here in cyber space.

You probably will need to do some signal tracing and if you don't know how to do it yourself then you need to find someone who can. Good luck.

- Collapse -
I wasn't clear

All of the wiring is well labeled. My question relates to how to hook up an amplifier with two ouputs (Speaker A and Speaker B) to drive up to six sets of speakers simultaneously.
Can I hook the speakers up in parallel? Do I need to buy some special type of amp?

CNET Forums