The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Hour Long Podcasts

by kellenjb / December 13, 2006 10:46 AM PST

Does anyone have any suggestions for other podcasts that are about an hour long?

I like to listen to podcasts while I work out. Most often I listen to BOL as soon as I see that it has downloaded. Because of my desire of instant BOL gratification I don't get to experience it while working out.

I have a bunch of podcasts that are 4-25 minutes long, but it's rather annoying to change podcasts in the middle of a work out. Then I also have some that are an hour and 15 to an hour and 45 minutes long. But I don't workout that long and I don't like stopping in the middle.

So, I know you guys like BOL, I like BOL, we must have other podcast interests that are the same.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hour Long Podcasts
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hour Long Podcasts
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Other tech podcasts
by Blizzardman / December 13, 2006 11:14 AM PST
In reply to: Hour Long Podcasts

Well if you are into Tech then I would recommend TWiT. Even though it is only released once a week it is around an hour long. Also Leo makes another weekly podcast called Net @ Nite that is an hour long too. And then of course there is the greatest podcast ever created Diggnation which goes from 45 min - an hour.

Collapse -
Thanks!
by kellenjb / December 13, 2006 11:23 AM PST
In reply to: Other tech podcasts

Already got many from the TWiT network. I was a fan of Call for Help and the Screen Savers. Like you said, they only come out once a week which is why I needed more Happy

I have heard of Diggnation a lot but have never listened to it. I will take a listen. Thanks.

Collapse -
Warning
by Blizzardman / December 13, 2006 11:37 PM PST
In reply to: Thanks!

Just a warning if you decide to try out Diggnation. It is a tech show but they are VERY laid back and therefor use foul language and don't censor anything they say. I tend to like the break from Corporate Podcasts but some may not.

Collapse -
hmph
by kellenjb / December 13, 2006 11:42 AM PST
In reply to: Other tech podcasts

I now remember why I don't have any video podcasts. They tend to make iTunes freak out on my computer.

What do you guys use for getting your podcasts including the video ones?

I have used iTunes just because I have an iPod but might be switching

Collapse -
that's strange
by cnetter001 / December 13, 2006 10:21 PM PST
In reply to: hmph

itunes works great for video podcasts for me. What computer are you using?

Collapse -
Custom Build
by kellenjb / December 14, 2006 1:14 AM PST
In reply to: that's strange

It is a custom build.

AMD Athlon XP 3000+
2 GB of 400 Mhz ram
3xHDD 80, 80, 200

I think the problem might be with my video card. I recently got a new one to be able to support 1680x1050 on DVI. Since then my computer has been flaky. I have removed all video card drivers and reinstalled.

It is a GeForce 6800 XT. I can't remember who makes it though. I think maybe XFX. It was one of the few cards that I could find that was AGP and supported the resolution I wanted for my monitor.

Collapse -
I like mplayer
by Owyn / December 13, 2006 10:55 PM PST
In reply to: hmph
Collapse -
Several depending on your tastes
by Owyn / December 13, 2006 11:26 AM PST

General Science: CBC Quirks and Quarks
Media News: NPR On the Media
Music - Blues: Raven'n'Blues, The Roadhouse
Music - Canadian Indie: CBC Radio 3

Collapse -
thanks
by kellenjb / December 13, 2006 11:45 AM PST

Thanks, Will check them out

Collapse -
*laughs*
by 2143436756292931057199946 / December 13, 2006 11:37 PM PST

well *d* dude! Happy Good luck.

Collapse -
game podcasts
by RichGarner / December 14, 2006 2:18 AM PST

As far as longer podcasts, I listen to PC Gamer which tends to approach the 50 minute mark. Also, since I'm into Guild Wars, the GuildCast is also a good 40-50 minute diversion.

Other than that, I occasionally listen to BoagWorld; the hosts of which can ramble on for a good 10-20 minutes (out of a 50 minute norm) before actually saying anything interesting.

And then there's always audiobooks.

Collapse -
GS
by Jasmes / December 14, 2006 4:10 AM PST

Gamespot Hotspot for gaming stuff.

Collapse -
Evil Avatar Radio
by Zombie Bender / December 14, 2006 4:37 AM PST
Evil Avatar Radio from the good people at Evil Avatar

It's a weekly show about gaming with a little comics. The hosts discuss the top gaming headlines, then take calls from listeners. In addition to the regular show they sometimes have interviews with people in the game or comics industries and even less frequently a comics round table where so far they have discussed Marvel's Civil War and DC's 52 events.
Collapse -
by gomer43 / December 14, 2006 3:05 PM PST

MacBreak Weekly and a lot of the TWiT netcasts.

BTW, you can also make a playlist of podcasts so you don't have to switch up yourself in the middle.

Collapse -
Other Podcasts
by surfpark / December 14, 2006 5:25 PM PST

I suggest you check out NPR's technology podcast. Although most of the stories will seem outdated if you're a BOL listener, they tend to do longer stories and interview guests.

Also check out American Public Media's podcast, "Future Tense" which is about new technologies.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.