General discussion

Hotmail: Using negative (-)1.5MB of space.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Hotmail: Using negative (-)1.5MB of space.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Hotmail: Using negative (-)1.5MB of space.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Looking at the progress bar. . .

You're over your limit. The negative number is how much over. Delete something.

- Collapse -
RE: Delete something

Thanks for the reply but,
Firstly, I was no where near my limit before this happened.
Secondly, I cannot actually access any of my mail so find it difficult to delete individual emails.
However, I have deleted two folders but instead of dropping back down to perhaps around 90% it has moved from negative (-)1.5MB to negative (-)18.4 MB.

- Collapse -
Tell the Hotmail staff

I don't know what you expect anyone here to be able to do about it, unless we've got a Hotmail employee wandering about.

Hotmail is a web based system, meaning the entire program runs on Hotmail servers. It's the latest in the circle of life.... We went from dumb terminals, to individual desktop machines, to web based programs which make the individual desktop machines function much like... You guessed it: Dumb terminals!

So the moral of the story is... If you have a problem with Hotmail, talk to the Hotmail tech support people. No one here can do a damn thing about your problem, no matter how much some may want to. Well, unless someone here happens to be a Hotmail employee or wants to hack into their systems to fix things for you.

- Collapse -
Re: negative hotmail space

With hotmail being a webbased service, I can only suggest you contact the operator of it, which seems to be msn.co.uk. The problem is wholly on their servers, and no way your fault; it's something totally outside your control. If they don't have a technical help desk able to correct the situation, you should consider to switch to another email-provider.
If I count the file sizes on the right of your hotmail2.jpg, I come to roughly 15 Mb used.

Hope this helps,

Kees

CNET Forums

Forum Info