HolidayBuyer's Guide

Internet Service Providers forum

General discussion

Hotmail and Yahoo sending mail problems

by Dark_Angel / March 24, 2004 3:23 PM PST

I am running Win Xp Home, using cable internet. Has been fine but recently I cannot send email from my hotmail or yahoo accounts. I can read emails, but when I try to reply it does nothing. I write my reply, click send and it takes a long time to do... sweet FA.
I thought it was a conflict problem with the firewall, so I disabled it, but it still didn't work. Under WinXP safe mode, it will send email fine. I virus checked my machine too, it's clean.
Any ideas? This is driving me crazy. Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hotmail and Yahoo sending mail problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hotmail and Yahoo sending mail problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Hotmail and Yahoo sending mail problems. Might not be you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 24, 2004 10:01 PM PST
Collapse -
Re:Re:Hotmail and Yahoo sending mail problems. Might not be you.
by Dark_Angel / March 24, 2004 11:17 PM PST

Thanks for yr reply! Its not, Ive got friends to access their hotmail accounts while Ive been trying on the phone. Thats what I thought at first too, but its been about a week now, and both Hotmail and Yahoo.
Im not the only person using the computer. Could it be something someone else has "accidentally" changed in internet options or something like that? This one has really got me.
Tx!

Collapse -
HOSTS file?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 25, 2004 2:00 AM PST

Anything interesting in the HOSTS file?

You are clear of pests according to Adware, Spybot, Cwshredder and such?

What's a HOSTS file? -> http://accs-net.com/hosts/

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Hotmail and Yahoo sending mail problems. Might not be you.
by chuckieu / March 25, 2004 2:06 AM PST

It's not a firewall issue. I think the problem is that Yahoo mail is picky. Their servers are configured a little differently than some others. They require full
email address and password to send mail as well as receive. Sbc/Yahoo techs are actually good(floored me).
You just have to be persistent until you reach one that understands the area you need help in. chuck

Collapse -
Hotmail problem
by tbones / December 23, 2004 8:55 AM PST

I have the same problem I cant send emails. Dark_Angel can you email me if you have fixed the problem. Or if anyone knows how to fix it email me at tony_k19@hotmail.com thanks

Collapse -
Re
by JJ / December 28, 2004 2:45 AM PST
In reply to: Hotmail problem

I am on Roadrunner Cable running Windows XP and have no problem sending mail through Yahoo or Hotmail except for when Hotmail goes down.

Collapse -
hotmail problem
by samiwvs / January 19, 2005 7:15 PM PST

i have this same problem! its sooo annoying. If anyone fixes the problem or finds a way to... then please can u let me know on surfs_up_17@hotmail.com
This would be really good if u could coz this problem is driving me crazy! thanks!

Collapse -
kimmy have your post removed because
by Mark5019 / January 19, 2005 10:12 PM PST
In reply to: hotmail problem

you posted your email addy we get bots in forum scan for addys you will be swamped in spam

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.