I agree with the previous reply, if it's only a start for your business, you can try smth very simple in the beginning, like various e-mail services, Microsoft programms (popular Excel for example) or QuickBook software, it's a very popular and useful tool for such beginners as you
Later when your business starts to grow and develop, you can install smth more advanced and complicated. A good management system for a hotel is a very important and necessary thing because:
- you will have access to detailed reports to run your business efficiently
- you can boost your marketing efforts and use technology to increase general amount of your clients
- you will save time in general because everything will be automated
- your staff will work faster and more productive too
In case of such systems you can choose a ready one (there's really a great amount of them) or build it if you have specific business needs, many software development companies provide such service but it'll take more time and be more expensive than in case of the ready systems.
Also while choosing the ready one I recommend you to follow such tips:
- a good management system will provide your staff with an overview of what’s happening that day (which saves times greatly)
- your bookings should be updated live via integrated channels (and in this case there won't be a need for the duplicate work)
- it should be easy to set up and use for all your workers, also for the future changes and possible upgrades (for example, a cloud based one is one of the most popular in this case)
- the system can be used by staff at all levels (it will make your general work more effective too)
Links removed by moderator. Not relevant for the OP.