Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

Host File Edit Help!

Dec 12, 2010 10:28AM PST

Hello! Just yesterday, I was trying a Horizon 360 Bypass hack but one of the instructions says:
Ok, first got into:
"C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc"

Open a file named "hosts" with NotePad.
Add this:

"# 69.162.245.3 horizon360.net
69.128. 108.4
72/109.54.12"

Then when I add the data # 69.162. stuff into the Hosts file, the Horizon doesn't show up as VIP even though it's supposed to! Could someone help or make the correct Hosts file??

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
What are you trying to do?
Dec 12, 2010 11:07AM PST

What are you trying to do exactly?

There are a lot of people who abuse the HOSTS file and try to make it into something that it's not, so getting an idea of what you're trying to do first would be helpful in figuring out if someone is leading you down a blind alley.

- Collapse -
Just to note Jimmy, that hack
Dec 12, 2010 11:18AM PST

is typically used to bypass the normal paid for VIP and allow login. They run the crack file and then follow the instructions to modify the host file.

- Collapse -
Could someone help or make the correct Hosts file??
Dec 12, 2010 11:12AM PST

I doubt it, hacking or illegal downloading is not smiled upon here.

- Collapse -
I agree with comicfan
Dec 12, 2010 7:58PM PST

When we see, 'bypass' and 'hack' we get concerned.

When I attempted to visit horizon360.net I was redirected to http://www.xboxmb.com/ so that tells me you're trying to hack into somewhere, or hack something.

Sorry, Forum Policy forbids us from helping with such things so I am locking this discussion.

Feel free to contact me via the "Report Offensive Post" option if you feel I have erred.

Mark