General discussion

Horse walks into a bar

Bartenders says, "Why the long face?"

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Horse walks into a bar
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Horse walks into a bar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) Neigh
- Collapse -
I have already spoken about my love for the work of Lois

McMaster Bujold. Her series on the planet Barrayar which was for several centuries cut off from the general commerce of the stars, reverted to a sort of feudalism. One of the Counts, then in a fit of pique at his colleagues, nominated and forced through the acceptance of his horse, Lord Midnight. His argument is as cogent today as it was in the netherworld and never-time of Barrayar. "If a horse's-*** can be a Count in the Council of Counts (their equivalent of government), then why not the whole horse?"

In another reference in a different book Lord Midnight was mentioned and the reply was, "Oh yes, the Count who always voted "Neigh."

Rob

- Collapse -
a priest a rabbi and a clown walk into a bar

bartender says "is this a joke?"

- Collapse -
Second horse with jumper cables attached walks into the bar

the bartender says, ?I don?t mind the long face, but don?t you go and try to start anything!?

- Collapse -
Woodworm walks into a bar and says

Is this bar tender?

- Collapse -
Horse walks into a bar....

....and orders a draft beer. The bartender brings it and says "That'll be $6.50. By the way, we don't get many horses in here."

The horse replies, "Well, at these prices I'm not surprised."

- Collapse -
What's brown and sticky?

A stick.

CNET Forums