HolidayBuyer's Guide

Phones forum

General discussion

Horrible Experience from EXOTICPHONE.com

by phonefon / October 16, 2007 12:20 AM PDT

Worst customer service I have ever had. Professional liars and scammers. Before you buy the phone they are very nice and after they get the money some how they will spend 7 days with hundreds of excuse and will never exchnage, repair or give you any refund for a defective item after 7 days period. I will never recommend them.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Horrible Experience from EXOTICPHONE.com
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Horrible Experience from EXOTICPHONE.com
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Exoticphone.com is perfectly legitimate
by showboy1 / October 17, 2007 9:53 AM PDT

Sir, it's not right what you're writing about exoticphone.com. you're probably one of the people who get paid to write bad things from exoticphone.com's competitors. Get an another job. Go work in McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, or somewhere. Look at their rating on alexa or gsmarena.

Collapse -
Exoticphone.com is reliable and reputable company
by showboy1 / October 17, 2007 9:58 AM PDT

Moderators, plese get rid of him b/c he get's paid to write bad things about exoticphone.com.

Collapse -
Another post by showboy1.
by Kees Bakker / October 17, 2007 5:04 PM PDT

Reposted by me, because it wasn't acceptable as a new thread. No further comment.

"I am a cellphone freak. Every new phone comes out I am one of the fewest persone to get it first. But I am very picky and I like my phone to be perfect. Exoticphone.com happens to be one of the online stores located close to my Manhattan apartment in New York. I purchaed from almost all the online stores in New York city. This time I went to purchase from Exoticphone.com. I bought Nokia N95 and paid close to $800 when it first came out. I was very much excited with this phone. Unfortunately, I dropped the phone and broke the LCD and was devasted. It is actually one of my most favorite phone of the ones I bought already. Then I decided to go back to Exoticphone.com to see if they can do something for me. And.....this is why I'm writing about Exoticphone.com...I was particularly pleased with their service. To repair the LCD, it costed $160. Exoticphone.com shared half of cost, $80, to share the loss with me. I was very please with their service and recommend other people to go to these guys.....thanks Jahid."

Kees

Collapse -
There seems to be ...
by Kees Bakker / October 17, 2007 6:02 PM PDT

quite a controversary going on around this company at the moment. It's amusing (and maybe informative) to google for them.

Two rather contradictory results for that:
- http://www.gsmarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=116737 is exactly the same very positive post by mike2000/showboy1/jahid as he posted here (just above) from exactly 1 week ago
- a extremely negative review, posted 2 days ago on http://www.thethingsiwant.com/shopping/SiteReviews.php4

This last post, by the way, identifies jahid as mie thompson in a post on the same site 4 days before (saying that the company "has good people").

Kees

Collapse -
Its SumonC ..
by phonefon / October 29, 2007 7:35 PM PDT
In reply to: There seems to be ...

yes i wrote that negative review ---

http://www.thethingsiwant.com/shopping/SiteReviews.php4

In cnet my screen name is 'phonefon' and other places i am using the screen name SumonC.. I am not using hundreds of differnt user names like u ShowBoy1.

But someone from Exoticphone.com is writing positive reviews using different screen names. In many places (like - HowardForums.com , ResellerRatings.com and many other places) he has been banned already for spamming while trying to post positive reviews using different names

PROOF OF their SCAM

http://www.resellerratings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123691&page=3
---------------------------------------------------------
10-22-2007, 10:49 AM #29
Lara RR
ResellerRatings Staff

Rx-8 is banned because he shares the same IP as several fraudulent review attempts that have been submitted on - and removed from before activation - exoticphone's reviews.

Also, the glowing posts for this store on this thread originate from the same or similar NY / east.verizon.net host but the IP pool is too large to identify and/or match specific users as it is probably servicing a few hundred thousand connections, thus I have no conclusive proof to remove those posts at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------

ACCORDING TO BBB

http://www.newyork.bbb.org/reports/businessreports.aspx?pid=44&page=1&id=84733

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EXOTICPHONE.COM
1170 Broadway, Suite 1100
New York, NY 10001
View Location Map

Principal: Mohammed Jahidullah, President

Nature of Business
Consumers report to the BBB that they purchase phones from ExoticPhones.com and do not receive their orders in a timely manner even if priority shipping has been paid for. Consumers also allege that they are sent the wrong phone or a phone that does not operate properly in the United States. Consumers are unable to obtain refunds.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this business has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau, because there is a pattern of complaints, and the business has not corrected the underlying reason for the complaints.

The company's size, volume of business, and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by the BBB. The number of complaints filed against a company may not be as important as the type of complaints, and how the company handled them. The BBB generally does not pass judgment on the validity of complaints filed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Exoticphone.com cheat with me and i will try my best to stop them from cheating with anyone else like me. They even called me bad names using BENGALI language. And i am not the only person who left negative reviews for them. I searched the net and found many complaints against them. Wherever people say something bad about them someone from Exoticphone.com will reply it posing as a customer and will try to prove him a liar. In the reply that person from exoticphone will accuse him of getting money to write that negative review or will blame him as a business competitor. But if the Exoticphone.com is really honest and cares about the customer they can reply it in a different way. They can apologize for it and make an offer to solve the problem. But what they are doing is really ridiculous.

SHOWBOY1 do u have any proof against me for what u blamed me?
But I have tons of proof against u that u r a very dishonest person. Ur real name is Mohammed Jahidullah. But u introduce urself as mr JAY/BILL. U left many many positive reviews posing as a customer in many places. And also try ur best to make mr JAY/Bill the greatest gentleman in the world. I don?t know how many screen name u have. But recently I found SHOWBOY1 , TERRYCHODA , SAJIB666 etc screen names very active.

Anyway don?t wanna make it any longer. I am sorry for my bad English. I apologize to Kees Bakker for using ur reference without asking u in my post in resellerratings.com . If u don?t like it I will try to edit it if RR.com allow me to do so.

Please read the post # 38 by nomaxim in the following link (he is an user in resellerratings since May 2002 and number of posts is 1,264 ). His post is more informative and clear than mine. Thanks nomaxim for the information and hope u wont mind as i am eferring to ur post.

http://www.resellerratings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123691&page=4

Mr. Mohammed Jahidullah / JAY / Bill- do Business HONESTLY. stop cheating with people by writing fake reviews for u own store. Or u will be embarrassed again.

Collapse -
Personal Attack
by Junior Rick / October 30, 2007 12:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Its SumonC ..

Are you guyz ( SUMON C and SHOWBOY 1 ) on to personal war or something?...Please stop this nonsense both of you and be a Gentlemen..plz

Collapse -
Re: personal attack
by Kees Bakker / October 30, 2007 7:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Personal Attack

Kind of a personal war, indeed, I think. Two remarks (not necessarily endorsed by cnet, just my own observations);

1. It's remarkable that showboy pretends to be a happy customer, while he signs with "jahid". We know (from the BBB link) that the owner of the site advertised is one Mohammed Jahidullah, President. That certainly leaves the impression he's connected to the company. And our forum rules are very clear about that: you may mention your own site or a site you're associated with under certain circumstances, but only if you frankly mention that association. Playing hide-and-seek isn't allowed.

2. It's not proven at all that the allegations of the original poster about the bad service of the company (to put it mildly) are true. He might be a competitor or somebody with a private reason to harm a perfect company.

So I don't take a position on either of the two sides. But I'm glad to see the case seems silent for nearly two weeks already.

Kees

Collapse -
personal issue
by robarto / December 31, 2007 9:26 PM PST
In reply to: Re: personal attack

As a company exoticphone.com may have both positive and negative sides and not only them but other companies also have. So we always should try to appreciate the positive sign and advise to overcome the negative sign. And at the end we the customers will be benefited because by our cooperation the companies will be able to improve themselves. So I think not by stretching our personal issues or by blaming others,we all will try our best to overcome all the lacking.

Collapse -
Cheated me of $300+ USD!!!
by Physcok21 / December 16, 2007 3:10 AM PST

I've bought the Sony Ericsson S500i from them and did not recieve it in 2 weeks. I called them and they told me it was out of stock, so I decide to cancel the order, but I was still charged the $300+ on my VISA. I tried calling them but they just told me to call back later and I never recieved my money back.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.