General discussion

Horrible customer service for cellphone rebate - A1 wireless

I purchased two cellphones from A1 Wireless on Cingular plan. I was sent 4 $75 forms, which had to be submitted between 150 and 210 days.

I submitted all information, albeit a little earlier then the dates mentioned. They sent back a letter to send me missing information in the timeframe.

I sent the missing information and now they say they need complete forms again with UPC and everything else, though they still have the older submission. The supervisor is not even ready to acknowledge that they have all information if they combine my two submissions.

I stand to loose $300. I wish I had not purchased from A1 Wireless but some trusted site like Amazon.

Anyone in similar situation and know what could be done? Rebate company - www.rebate-zone.com (current rebate company for A1 is www.cellphonerebates.com, that website never came up for me)

Dallas Boy

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Horrible customer service for cellphone rebate - A1 wireless
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Horrible customer service for cellphone rebate - A1 wireless
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) did you get your rebate yet?

I am A1 customers too. I want to know wether you get the money back yet?
lina.mao@earthlink.net

- Collapse -
We need to organize all the customers of A1wireless together

We need to organize all the customers of A1wireless together to get the money back.

We cannot let them cheat us so easily.

- Collapse -
A1 Wireless

No I have not got my rebate back.. Have raised a complaint at Better Business Beaurau.

Abhay

- Collapse -
They all use third-party vendors

It's actually 180 days (see this Website created by InPhonic customers http://www.wireflyrebates.com/)
but the point is that all of these electronics companies use one of only a handful of rebate processing centers - whether you use Amazon or Circuit City or A1 Wireless or whatever.

These processing companies process who knows how much paperwork, so if you don't submit everything together according to the strict rules, it is a minor miracle if they will hunt down various pieces of your submission and put them all together. Think about it: what's their incentive to do that?

The burden was definitely on you to submit everything correctly and in this case it sounds like you didn't.

- Collapse -
A1 Wireless is InPhonic

Jan 2005 A1 Wireless along with many other internet cellular reseller were bought by InPhonic.
You can join the huge nr of unsatisfied customers of InPhonic - WireFly.In

- Collapse -
A1 Wireless Rebate Deception

We experienced the same difficulty as you with our two phones. We believe the Washington State consumer Protetion Division of the Attorney General's Office should and the Federal Trade Commission should be notified of these widespread illegal trade practices.We would be happy to ccoperate with others who have had the same bad experience. Bill and Marilyn

- Collapse -
Rebate-zone contact info???

I'm trying to track down my rebate from these folks as well. Can't find anything on their website that acknowledges they even rec'd my rebate forms 3 weeks ago. Do you have a phone number for anyone there??
Any news on your receiving your rebate yet??
Thanks,
MMEYER

- Collapse -
A1 Wireless

A1 Wireless is now Inphonic, I too purchased from A-1 Wireless direct and now am fighting with numerous submittals for my rebate. I have filed with the better business burearu in Largo, Md. You can find them on the web and file. They will tell you they have many complaints./

CNET Forums

Forum Info