Samsung forum

Question

Horizontal lines on Samsung UN46B7000WF

Make: Samsung LED-backlit LCD
Model: UN46B7000WF
Model Code: UN46B7000WFXZA

I purchased the UN46B7000WF back in Christmas of 2009, so I'm past my warranty. I've had no issues with the TV up until now, but this is a big one. I have repeating horizontal lines from top to bottom on the left side of my screen. They're thin grey lines, so it's just enough to be annoying. I'll post a link to a picture later. The lines show up on both HDMI inputs, and even on the TV menu when I remove all inputs.

I looked through forums and some people think that issue comes back to the LCD panel, which is $1000 just for the part (not to mention labor). The upgraded model of this TV (4 years newer) is only $799, so it's definitely not worth fixing if that's the issue.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Horizontal lines on Samsung UN46B7000WF
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Horizontal lines on Samsung UN46B7000WF
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Image of issue

In reply to: Horizontal lines on Samsung UN46B7000WF

Collapse -
Clarification Request
Has a tech/shop given an estimate?

In reply to: Horizontal lines on Samsung UN46B7000WF

What it looks to me is something other than the LCD but you need a TV repair person to look and give estimates.
Bob

Collapse -
Waiting on an estimate

In reply to: Has a tech/shop given an estimate?

I called today and am waiting for a call back to get an estimate. If it's anything over ~$100 then it may not be worth it. Part of me is curious to pop off the back panel and see if there's simply a loose connection somewhere, or something obvious (after the recent Samsung capacitor issues).

Collapse -
The thing is

In reply to: Waiting on an estimate

This is not a symptom of the bad caps plague. It looks more like a board, cable or other issue. But as I'm just an electronics designer that's where the TV tech/repair folk have the edge.
Bob

Collapse -
Same exact problem..

In reply to: Waiting on an estimate

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.