General discussion

hooking up VCR

I just got the Zd8060 with tv tuner. Atually it's two tuners. As far as hooking up VCR to record to convert to DVD just hook out from VCR to tuner box? I mean you don't need the tuner but what else could you hook it to. I figure for permant wiring as computer won't be there all the time can split the wire from digital box to two and vcr out into two and cap off the other when not using it that way wouldn't have to unhook tv when I wanted to reord something. I guess i'll find out this weekend. And I guess since it's a dual tuner could have both digital cable wire out to the two tuners to record one show and watch another? Years ago worked in a electronic store when VCR's were first introduced so learned interesting ways to hook stuff up, especially with cable etc.working with Comcast cable. Also another question if you already have cable running it can you could you use any connection to split and run to router for an internet connection? For ex. may want to move one computer to the basement that has the wireless rounter hooked to it and already have cable downstairs. TIA

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: hooking up VCR
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: hooking up VCR
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
hooking up VCR
- Collapse -
thanks

thanks for your help.

CNET Forums

Forum Info