General discussion

Home Theater

Hi,

I need help in setting up my home theater. i currently have a:

Samsung PS50B450 TV
Samsung HT-TZ325 HT

i am wanting to get the external speakers to work while watching TV. When both HT and TV are on their is no sound at all.I have reciever on in the Anynet+ options and also tried the HDMI Audio option on/off. I have a HDMI cable plugged in and im not sure if i need a optical audio cable as well to get this going.

Hope someone can shed some light on this situation.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Home Theater
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Home Theater
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
HT Anynet

Yes, you need the optical connection, or else the analogue stereo one marked "AUDIO OUT" on the TV. HDMI has only one-way audio (HT to TV), but that should be turned off when using the HT speakers.

- Collapse -
HT Anynet

Hi, thank you for clearing this up for me, will try it and get back to you.

CNET Forums

Forum Info