Home Network??? Is that what I'm looking for?

Hi Forum.
I have three computers around the house. All are modern Win7 PCs with wifi and blutooth. I bought all my TVs right before the smart set came out. so rather than buy new TV's I bought cheap computers to use as media players and web surfers.
So I want to be able to wirelessly retrieve files and stream media from the computer in my den to the computer in my bedroom or vise versa. I'm pretty sure it's possible. In networks tab there's a password and checkboxes of what to share. But I don't see a set-up instruction, or anything on the web. I'm Googling "home Network". What else would it be called? All I'm finding are articles on how to connect a laptop or wireless printer to the router.
Thanks in advance....Rocco.

Discussion is locked
Reply to: Home Network??? Is that what I'm looking for?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Home Network??? Is that what I'm looking for?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
- Collapse -
That's the thing.

I've yet to find this in condensed form. On top of that what each person wants to do may change.

So there are PLENTY of web pages and YouTubes about networking, not one may be exactly what you want. For that you learn networking then design and implement what you want.

- Collapse -

I think what your looking for is called home group.

It's in the control panel.

CNET Forums