Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Holiday Rush, Confusion of Choice

by hung09 / December 17, 2004 3:58 AM PST

I'm shopping around for a micro hard drive mp3 player for christmas. Right now I'm leaning toward the zen micro because of its great reviews and physical appeal. However in the cnet ipod assassins guide there are two other mp3 players that seem to be good choices. The dell pocket dj seems to be a decent player at a good price and the gateway mp3 photo jukebox appeals to me because of its color screen and photo capabilities. However, I've been waiting for their reviews to be published for some time now and they still haven't come out. Please give me some advice on which player would best fit my needs (1-audio quality, 2-ease of use, 3-support/firmware upgrades, 4-style/size, 5-features such as radio and recording). Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Holiday Rush, Confusion of Choice
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Holiday Rush, Confusion of Choice
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Confusion of Choice
by Mp3Whiz / December 23, 2004 12:29 PM PST

The Creative Zen Micro!

Collapse -
which mp3 player
by nycgal / December 24, 2004 12:59 AM PST

I would recommend that you get the Zen Micro. It's a Cnet Editor's Choice and I have found that Cnet is quite accurate about these things. I had been debating between the Ipod Mini and the Zen Micro and finally went with the Micro becoz of the following:

- great storage capacity (5GB) versus 4GB for the Ipod Mini;
- support for many different formats, including WMA files. I have a lot of songs downloaded from pay services like Napster, MSN Music and MusicMatch and they all use WMA formats. Ipod Mini does not support WMA files and that can be a real problem if you have a lot of songs legally downloaded;
- FM tuner - nice to listen to if you get sick of your playlists Happy
- replaceable battery. That's a big deal for me as I have several friends who own Ipods and have had endless problems with failing battery life after about 12 months of use. One friend sent her Ipod to Apple to have the battery replaced and it cost her $150! Replacement batteries for the Micro cost $40 and you can replace the battery yourself.
- lastly, the Micro looks pretty cool!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!