Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Ho...all those in the Dallas area

Were you able to keep your feet dry during the wet spell?

Not having heard otherwise I assume this is the case.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ho...all those in the Dallas area
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ho...all those in the Dallas area
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Feet, yes. Car, no.

In reply to: Ho...all those in the Dallas area

We drove downtown yesterday, not realizing how bad it was. It was raining up by us but not too badly. The closer we got to downtown Dallas the worse it got. By the time we started thinking we'd made a mistake we were so close to our destination that it made more sense to push on than to turn back. I've never seen it rain that hard steadily. It was pretty freaky.

Fortunately we were able to get out of the city later in the afternoon without too much trouble. We had to detour around a section of highway that was closed, I think due to an accident or flooding. Not being too familiar with the streets downtown we did some guessing and ended up right where we wanted to be. Got home without any further problems and then watched the heavens open up again. Pretty wild weather all right.

It's cloudless today.

From now on we won't just check the local conditions; we'll also check the conditions where we're headed. The storms can be very localized around here!

Collapse -
Glad you're OK!

In reply to: Feet, yes. Car, no.

I remember those "blue northers" when we lived in the Dallas area. Our yard was "black gumbo", and it took a long time for the water to sink in.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Thanks. Aibit waterlogged but fine.

In reply to: Glad you're OK!

My Mom was in town for a few days (just left this afternoon). Saturday night I took her downtown to see a play. After dinner we had some time to kill so we went for a walk. I called my wife.

"What are you guys doing?"

"We're just taking a little walk."

"A WALK??? But it's pouring!!!"

"Not here it isn't."

Collapse -
One thing about Texas

In reply to: Thanks. Aibit waterlogged but fine.

The sun can be shining one minute and the next you have tremendous thunder storms amd rain! When we flew into Dallas/Ft Worth a few years back the weather was beautiful, The next thing we knew we had to fly away from the airport and wait for the storm to pass!! Scared the living daylights out of me as I hate flying anyway!! LOL

Collapse -
Hey Josh...welcome to Texas. There's...

In reply to: Feet, yes. Car, no.

...an old saying around these parts..."If you don't like Texas weather, just wait a minute, it'll change"...LOL

Collapse -
When I was here on a visit looking for an apartment.....

In reply to: Hey Josh...welcome to Texas. There's...

.....it was drizzling a little. I looked up and the sky was gray over us but blue and cloudless around 10 feet away. I commented on it to the leasing agent and she just smiled and said, "Welcome to Texas!"

Happy

Collapse -
I thought that was "our" saying

In reply to: Hey Josh...welcome to Texas. There's...

here in South Central Oregon's High Desert at around 5k feet. Happy

For the past 2 weeks, we have had snow every day, but we have also had rain (not much), sleet, hail, wind, and sunshine .... every day. In four different areas in town, there could be four different weather conditions.

Newcomers to the area think, "What in the heck kind of weather is this?" Us natives think, "Typical Spring." Happy

ALL Holidays are up for grabs in regard to the weather. I have seen every type of weather condition (except tornados or hurricanes. Thank God we don't have those!) on every Holiday of the year during the years I have lived here (most of my life.)

Collapse -
In New York we used to say....

In reply to: I thought that was "our" saying

...."If you don't like the weather, MOVE!"

Devil

Collapse -
Besides Josh...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I earlier emailed inquiry to both..waiting response.

In reply to: Besides Josh...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Wayne-OK...waiting for Bo

In reply to: (NT) I earlier emailed inquiry to both..waiting response.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) What about Bob Graham?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) High and dry. TY. :-) 9" here in one day!

In reply to: (NT) What about Bob Graham?

Collapse -
Long time no see:)

In reply to: (NT) High and dry. TY. :-) 9" here in one day!

we worried about you!!!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) e-mail from "Lake Boggs" - no 'serious' problems

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks, Del !

In reply to: (NT) e-mail from "Lake Boggs" - no 'serious' problems

Collapse -
We also got some of that much needed rain

down here in San Antonio around 1PM last night. So dry for months..the ground soaked it up..no flooding.

Collapse -
Her in AZ we

In reply to: We also got some of that much needed rain

just broke 143 days with no rain at all! Snowbowl just opened up for the first time all year! This is weird waiting until March to get Winter weather!!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Rotten Gremlins, That was HERE!!!!

In reply to: Her in AZ we

Collapse -
You mean you also got snow this year? WoW!

In reply to: Her in AZ we

We get snow about every 20 years. We love & everyone goes crazy over snow around here.
Have a relative in Phoenix (Scotsdale) and they have rocks/gravel in their front/back yards instead of grass for lack of rain. Wife says we need to do or get Astro Turf with the water rates going out of sight.

Collapse -
How about Synlawn?

In reply to: You mean you also got snow this year? WoW!

No watering, no cutting. Supposed to look and feel like real grass!

Cindi

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Hey thanks Cindi, gonna check it out.

In reply to: How about Synlawn?

Collapse -
Yep

In reply to: You mean you also got snow this year? WoW!

we even had snow on the Superstitions:) All of the north had snow, Payson, Flaggstaff, Pine and Showlow:)
We also have gravel for a yard, but that is mainly to keep the scorpions down! They love to hide in grass!
Have had more rain today:) It is very welcome and I can actually breathe now without the benedryl!! LOL!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.