General discussion

Hitman Pro 3 Download problems

I purchased and dowloaded Hitman Pro 3 into the "my documents" section of my computer. Now I can't get it to open and it won't allow me to delete it. I had used the free version and it worked great until it it ran out. The reason I bought it was that when I used the search feature it kept re-directing me to other sites and the sound feature will not work on most sites. I have tried to contact SurfRight where I purchased hitman pro online but they have yet to respond to any of my emails. PLEAE HELP if you can. Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Perry

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Hitman Pro 3 Download problems
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Hitman Pro 3 Download problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Can't get it to open.

What does that mean? Any error messages? What exactly happens?

I tried SurfRight.com but got a "Firefox can't find the server at www.surfright.com". That sounds suspicious to me. I don't like it when I purchase something from a web site one day, then it disappears the next.

Windows or Mac? If Windows, which one?

I just found a web site. http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro But all I see is, "Hitman Pro 3 - The first behavioral scan and multi-vendor cloud confirmation anti-malware" Strange.

What happens when you try to delete this file?

Have you tried moving the file to elsewhere, eg your Desktop and trying to run it from there? if moving doesn't work, try a copy/paste to the Desktop.

Mark

- Collapse -
Hitman Pro 3 Download problems

Mark thank you very much for your reply. I moved it to my desktop and now can't remove it from there either. I looked in Add or Remove Programs but it is not listed there. If i attempt to open the file I get a message that reads "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." When I attempt to delete it I get a message that says " Cannot delete Hitman35.Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is notcurrently in use." I have no disk. I downloaed this online.In fact thats how I found CNET. when I originally downloaded it I was redirected to CNET for the download process. I really appreciate any help you can give me.

Sincerely,

Perry

- Collapse -
Try downloading again ...

directly through this site -
http://www.surfright.nl/en/downloads

This time be sure that you download the correct version (32 bit for a 32 bit AOSW and 64 bit for a 64 bit OS) and get it from the surfright.nl download links just in case the CNET download is corrupted on the server. Download it to a directory that you know that you have proper permissions for and I do hope that you are using an Admin account for the installation.

CNET Forums

Forum Info