HolidayBuyer's Guide

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Hitachi 50v715 LCD TV/ 50vs810 LCD TV

by -Dman100- / August 24, 2005 11:20 AM PDT

Hello,

I'm looking to buy a LCD TV and was looking at the Hitachi 50" TV's. I'm not too familiar with the new technology for the big screens.

Is the Hitachi 50v715 and 50vs810 using LCD DLP technology or is it projection? I've heard that projection can cause screen burn. These models say LCD, but then I saw the information say rear projection. I was a little confused.

Also, are these HDTV ready? I believe they are, but wanted to confirm.

Any information is appreciated.
Thanks,
-D-

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hitachi 50v715 LCD TV/ 50vs810 LCD TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hitachi 50v715 LCD TV/ 50vs810 LCD TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I was a little confused
by jcrobso / August 25, 2005 1:08 AM PDT
Collapse -
I was a little confused
by -Dman100- / August 25, 2005 11:45 AM PDT

Thanks for replying to my post. I appreciate the information.

Is the rear projection LCD have any problems with screen burn?

Is the direct view, DLP technology? Or is DLP another type of technology?

Thanks again for your help.
Regards,
-D-

Collapse -
re
by sears tv guy / August 26, 2005 10:46 AM PDT

the lcd direct view uses a back light and the projection uses a halogen lamp with 3 silicon chips.

Extensive research has been done and there is no direct proof that lcd's have burn in though over time they can have screen aging or pixel loss but it is very minimal and you will probably never notice it.

DLP is a reflective technology using a light engine and a color wheel which reflects off of 900,000-2000000 microscopic mirrors.

And to answer the original question the major difference with the 2 models is that the VS810 uses a dual focus lens system and the 715 uses a single lens system. The 810 will usually give you a better picture and yes both have HD tuners built in so they will have everything that you need for HD.

Collapse -
Warranty
by bobanddotverizonnet / September 19, 2005 7:07 AM PDT
In reply to: re

I would check their warranty I have a 50" plazma that has been waiting for two months to be fixed. The part to fix it has been given a new eta 5 different times. Hitachi says maybe the end of the month(Sept '05). Hitachi has washed their hands of my problem. They say it is up to the warranty company that I purchased it from. I purchased Hitachi's extended warranty thru SatisFusion (Warranty Corporation of America provides service). Use caution I still don't have an operating TV. The warranty company says its Hitachi Hitachi says the warranty company. I hope you consider this in your equation. Thanks

Collapse -
Most Good After Market Warranties Have A "Three Strikes And.
by Psych Doc / September 19, 2005 7:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Warranty

..You're out" clause. If they have been unable to fix the original problem in three tries, they will give you a new identical unit or your purchase price toward a new unit. Check your policy.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.