Question

High High cpu problem 90-100%

AMD Radepn tm 4 graphics card
processor: AMD A6-9920 Radeon R4 Cores 2c+3g

Is this normal with proccesor like this to over heat and freeze while playing league of legends (fps drops)?

I have tried to fix this in many ways but still have this problem. I have started to think that that type of proccesor is just weak for playing LOL.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: High High cpu problem 90-100%
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: High High cpu problem 90-100%
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) I have lenovo laptop, just in case
- Collapse -
Answer
That A6 usually will work hard if I

Open a few Chrome web tabs. As to LoL it's going to and should run at 100% for many reasons. Shared video RAM and it's just an A6. We use those for office work but gamers may be upset.

As to over heat, be sure to use the canned air on the vents monthly (what and how is on the web) plus use a laptop cooling pad.

Nothing sounds terribly wrong here.

- Collapse -
(NT) Yeah i was aftaid of that. So new processor then
- Collapse -
I'd be guessing

If this was a laptop. I've seen one CPU change in the last decade. It's just not done for many reasons on laptops with the most common reason being the CPU or APU is soldered in place to save the cost of a socket that isn't needed anyway.

There is one area we can help these models as to getting the last bit of speed. Be sure the memory is in pairs. If it's a single stick or mismatched pairs you can take an unnecessary speed hit.

- Collapse -
(NT) has single channel memory bus
- Collapse -
Our A6 arrived with one stick RAM

Installed a matching second stick and went dual channel with a small uptick in speed. I can't nail down if this A6 is only and forever single channel.

- Collapse -
see what you would need
- Collapse -
Answer
Yes

the AMD "A" type processors with graphics embedded on them can have that problem. Did you mean A6-9220 instead?

Compare it here
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_lookup.php?cpu=AMD+A6-9220&id=3072

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A6-9220&id=3072

As you can see, it's even slower than an Intel i5-2410M, and that's not a "gaming cpu" either.

It's only 15w and gaming cpu's are often above 70w in power.

Now take your cpu rating of 2354 rank there and compare to others for that same socket.
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/socketType.html#id16

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-A6-9220-SoC-Benchmarks-and-Specs.261412.0.html
"The AMD A6-9220 is an entry-level chip from the Stoney-Ridge APU series for notebooks (7th APU generation), which was announced mid 2016. The 9210 is a mid-range Stoney Ridge processor (dual-core version of Bristol Ridge) and integrates two CPU cores (one Excavator module with 2 integer and on FP unit) clocked between 2.5 - 2.9 GHz. It also includes a Radeon R4 GPU, probably with 192 shaders at 655 MHz, as well as a single-channel DDR4-2133 memory controller, H.265 video engine and chipset with all I/O ports.

AMD specifies the TDP of the A6-9220 with 15 Watts, but it can be configured between 10-15 Watts. This means the APU is a good choice for thin and light notebooks. "

- Collapse -
Answer
High CPU use?

I have a similar problem but it's due to system interrupts using 98% CPU. Haven't found a solution other than use Linux Mint 18 (dual boot) and ignore Windows 10. Pretty fed up with a 'mature' OS that as so many flaws

CNET Forums