Question

Hi my samsung 42" plasma made a pop sound

It made a pop sound and the screen went blank and won't come bk on but it's making a clicking noise is there anything I can to resolve my problem your help would be appreciative. Thanks Andy
Model no:ps42q97hdxixeu

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Hi my samsung 42" plasma made a pop sound
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Hi my samsung 42" plasma made a pop sound
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re> popping sound

There are 2 things you can do to resolve that problem.
1. Call a local tech to repair it.
2. Call Samsung Customer service to send a tech to repair it.

Do you still have warranty on the TV?

Kees

- Collapse -
Still clicking

Hi Kees thanks for comin back there's no warranty on it now as it's about 4 yr old is this a problem with plasmas? if so there must be a part I can buy to replace I'm pretty good with my hands so it wouldn't be a problem. Thanks Andy

- Collapse -
Re: replace part

Then download or order the service manual and go ahead.

Kees

- Collapse -
Answer
That model is odd but let's start somewhere.

If you are a TV tech you'd want a service manual (no TV tech will tell you what part to replace in a forum which seems to confound many.) Start at www.samsungparts.com for the manual and if this is some other country I can't guess what the service network there is.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Re : Hi my samsung 42" plasma made a pop sound

Hi!

You say your TV has clicking noise & blank screen after pop sound.

Mostly S.S 42" Plasma TV make popping noise from Y-buffer(LJ92-01484A) or Power bd(BN44-00161A).

Remove the bottom stand & gently face down on flat blanket & remove the metal back cover after unscrewing.

There is Y-buffer bd(vertically green long) at the left edge of screen.

You'll see 8 pcs black square IC chip(~1/2" X ~1/2", May covered by aluminium heat sink).

When those(one or more) IC chip get popped you'd hear popping noise & see blank screen..

And Power bd is middle of the back of screen(you'll see big capacitors & few transformers &

long aluminium heat sinks).

There are lots of black square high power transistors & FETs attached to heat sinks.

When those semi conductors are blown you'd hear popping noise & see blank screen too.

Or rarely you can get popping noise when (big) caps blown.

I think you can see it or even smell it to find out from top & bottom of boards. Happy

Good luck!

Thank You!

CNET Forums

Forum Info