General discussion

Hi Cindi...

Saw this in a previous post.

"One of my sons was deployed to Iraq today."

You have my prayers and thoughts too and wish the best for all the family. I know the feeling from back in Dec 71 when my oldest son was shipped to Vietnam.

George

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Hi Cindi...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Hi Cindi...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
And mine too, of course!
- Collapse -
I must have missed that post.....

My heart goes out to you Cindi, I know what I felt when our son told us he was going. I had a reprieve on that one, but in December when we went to visit he told us he will probably be sent next year. Prayers go to all the families that have any member in the service. And our Thanks for serving our Country
Glenda

- Collapse -
My best wishes Cindi ...

... your son and all the military in harms way will be in my prayers. Let your pride in him keep your spirits up.

Evie Happy

- Collapse -
I must have missed the post also

but ofcourse my thoughts and prayers are with him and your family.... This is an important announcement though.... nexttime post it in the headline... some of us don't read everything or all the time...

- Collapse -
me 2 i thought i said my thought go to

you and son may he come home safe

- Collapse -
Thank you, George.

He leaves his family *and* a new wife. He's in the Marines, an engineering unit. His specialty was in demolition and construction, so hopefully, he's there building a better Iraq.

We were able to go to Camp LeJeune this past weekend and spend a couple days with him before he left, so we're thankful for that. It was my first time on a military base. Also my first time at the ocean. I dipped my toes in. Wink

We're supposed to get him back in 8 months. I pray so!

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email the mods

- Collapse -
Gee Cindi..

seems like quite a few of us missed the mention of your son going to Iraq. Can you provide a link?

I also wish him well and a safe return.

Seems like everyone in the Regular, Reserves, or National Guard will have to make at least one tour of some kind in Iraq. I have friends and a relative there now.

- Collapse -
Hi John,

Yeah, Chris is Marine Reserves. I had just mentioned it in a thread of Rob's about how proud he is of his son, and I told him about mine. I'm actually glad it didn't get a lot of attention, cuz I wouldn't have wanted to "steal" his thread. I mentioned it here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6130-0.html?forumID=50&threadID=65313&messageID=781420

Here's a picture of him and his wife:

http://www.propackers.com/chrishaynes.jpg

I'll put your friends and relatives on my prayer list, too, John.

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email the mods

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks Cindi & great photo, fine looking couple.
- Collapse -
A handsome young man you got there Cindi! ...

... and they make a beautiful couple.

Evie Happy

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thank you everybody for your kindness

CNET Forums

Forum Info