The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Hey, Tom is on Cranky Geeks.

Cool.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hey, Tom is on Cranky Geeks.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hey, Tom is on Cranky Geeks.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just watched it (iTunes)

In reply to: Hey, Tom is on Cranky Geeks.

It was almost like he wasn't there.

I know that Tom is just as intelligent and informed as the other cranks (or more) but the format doesn't work for more than three cranks unless they all scale back on the tendency to interrupt each other (which they won't, it is part of what makes them 'cranky').

Tom is just too much of a gentleman to make a good crank.

Collapse -
Cranky?

In reply to: Just watched it (iTunes)

I don't know about the whole cranky thing. They never really seem very cranky at all to me. Dvorak is cranky, but thats always expected. Nobody else ever seems too cranky.

Collapse -
He announced it last week..

Tom mentioned that he was going to be on the show.

I thought he did fine. Yea, he didn't get a whole lot in, but it was his first time on the show. And I still say he just isn't cranky enough. Max a 5 on the crankometer.

If Tom is going to go back I think he needs to practice on BOL. Maybe try some Apple fanboy baiting, that always works well.

Collapse -
Apple fans are too easily baited

In reply to: He announced it last week..

After all, they bought the original Apple in 1984 based on a cheesy TV comercial with a gal that was too old to be in a comercial and some grainy footage projected on a movie screen.

I wonder if the gal was sleeping with one of the boys?

Collapse -
Speaking of cranky!

In reply to: Apple fans are too easily baited

Dude, you might want to consider setting the flamethrower on LOW for the time being.

Collapse -
Tom on Cranky Geeks

Yep I saw him on it and he was good on it. Molly Woods was on TWIT on Monday's show.

Collapse -
Good job...

In reply to: Tom on Cranky Geeks

I thought Tom did a good job and was participating in the show plenty. No matter what show they are on, the BOL crew seems to be the most informed of the group they are with, whether it be Tom on CG or Molly on TWiT

Collapse -
Good show except.....

..... is it just me or is Dvorak just going through the motions in this show? He really seems uninterested in it and apears to be in it for the money alone.

Collapse -
Money alone ???

In reply to: Good show except.....

I'm sorry... that just strikes me as so, so (what should I call it) so..... idealistic.

The engine that drives any economy is the desire to obtain money (or some form of remuneration that is generally convertible to money).

I go to work for money. If it were not for the paycheck I would not be there. The person who grows your food does it for money. The student in school does it to (eventually) get money (or more money). The people who built your house (or apartment) did it for money.

This is not bad. This is not wrong. This is not evil. It is good to be motivated by money. It causes us to be the best servant of the most people we can. If you are not in it for the money you are in it for yourself (unless you are Mother Theresa). The difference between a professional and an amateur is (guess what?) getting paid for what you do. The difference between a pastime and a profession is if you get paid for it or not. If you are good at what you do you should get paid for it.

Maybe I read too much into your post. Maybe I am too sensitive about this. It just irritates me when people treat getting paid for doing something as if it makes it wrong or bad.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.