Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Hey Sports fans, Indians deal Yankees largest loss ever!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hey Sports fans, Indians deal Yankees largest loss ever!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hey Sports fans, Indians deal Yankees largest loss ever!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Re: Indians beat Yankees, bad -- was that MK's game?
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Yup, I think so.

In reply to: (NT) Re: Indians beat Yankees, bad -- was that MK's game?

Collapse -
Couldn't have happened to a better bunch. What's that?

In reply to: Hey Sports fans, Indians deal Yankees largest loss ever!

Why yes, the Red Sox are now just 3.5 back.

Collapse -
Re: Couldn't have happened to a better bunch. What's that?

In reply to: Couldn't have happened to a better bunch. What's that?

Who on the Yankee's roster don't you like?

Dan

Collapse -
#1 George

In reply to: Re: Couldn't have happened to a better bunch. What's that?

I HATE the Yankees.

Always have.

Born and raised in MI making me a Tiger's fan and rival of the hated Yakees.

Now live in ATL and still hate them with a passion.

Collapse -
George isn't on the field playing ball

In reply to: #1 George

I'm sure Reds fans weren't thrilled with Marge Schott but they still liked their team.

Most of us just sort of look the other way when George goes off about something, and try to appreciate the fact that he puts his money into the team and not just into his pocket. I don't always like the choices he makes but at least he doesn't cry about not being able to compete while stuffing his pockets.

But my reasons for hating the Braves probably wouldn't change your mind about them either. Wink

Collapse -
Hate is such a strong word.

In reply to: #1 George

George was tough to take, but he had a goal and met it. Took the risks, spent the money, made the decisions, and here we are.

Aside from that, why do you feel so hateful towards them?

Dan

Collapse -
For cryin' outloud Dr. Phil

In reply to: Hate is such a strong word.

It's sports and we are talking about the Yankees.

You've got an owner that bought together a team of offensive all-stars, too bad about the pitching, and I enjoy watching them lose.

They're over hyped, over paid, over represented and the rest of the league cow tows to the Yankees.

I always have and I always will hate, hate, Hate, HAte, HATe, HATE the Yankees.

It's my right as a sports fan!

Collapse -
You might be beyond even Dr. Phil's ministrations

In reply to: For cryin' outloud Dr. Phil

George did what every other owner in the league should try to do doesn't.

And I hope you mean that these guys can hit pretty well when you say offensive, because the recent crop of Yankees have been soft spoken almost to a fault.

I don't know how they're hyped in your area, but around here they don't even advertise that much. They get plenty of coverage but there are a lot of papers here.

What do you mean over represented?

Finally, the rest of the league doesn't cow tow to the Yanks, they tune up and put on their 'A' game whenever they play them. That makes their accomplishments even more difficult than they seem.

I don't hate any other teams. I even have a soft spot for one or two.

Dan

Collapse -
Other teams love the Yankees

In reply to: You might be beyond even Dr. Phil's ministrations

Their best crowds are on days their teams are playing the Yankees. Whether the fans come to cheer or boo the Yanks is secondary, A.I.S. = money in the bank.

Collapse -
We changed channels once it got to 9-0.....

In reply to: Hey Sports fans, Indians deal Yankees largest loss ever!

....and watched The War of the Worlds on AMC. I'm just glad I didn't buy tickets for that game. Very painful. I remember the Yanks doing that to the Red Sox a few years ago; the final score was 22-1 I think.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Oh, the humanity!

In reply to: We changed channels once it got to 9-0.....

Collapse -
Re: (NT) Oh, the humanity!

In reply to: (NT) Oh, the humanity!

Joe Torre tried to put it in perspective by saying it's only one loss no matter how many runs they got, but man, that was unbelievable. They actually tied the post-1900 MLB record for worst shutout loss. After the movie we switched back and I figured what the heck, might as well root for Visquel to go 7 for 7.

Collapse -
Oh, what a world, what a world!

In reply to: Re: (NT) Oh, the humanity!

You don't really hate the Braves, do you?

Dan

Collapse -
Re: Oh, what a world, what a world!

In reply to: Oh, what a world, what a world!

Not hate like I hate Osama bin Laden (it is just a baseball team after all), but I can't stand Chipper OR Andruw Jones, and that tomahawk thing is really annoying. At least Rocker is gone.

Collapse -
So, who ran up the score...

In reply to: We changed channels once it got to 9-0.....

...by going for the two point conversion after the third TD? Wink

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.