Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Hey people, do something good with your lives...

and go watch 24. IT IS SIMPLY THE BEST SHOW OUT THERE BAR-NONE. Engaging storylines, fast paced action, twists and turns, I mean what more can you want from a t.v. show? I suggest that one Cnet member here who is a great grandmother to watch the show because you will regret it later on when you didn't. I regreted it when I missed the first 2 seasons:(. It is sooooooooooooo goooooooooood, unbelievably goooood. GO WATCH IT NOW

Fox Five 9:00PM ET

Go watch it and we will have a great discussion on it;).

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hey people, do something good with your lives...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hey people, do something good with your lives...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) psst its not real

In reply to: Hey people, do something good with your lives...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) don't tell anyone, but I heard the show is fictional sh

In reply to: (NT) psst its not real

Collapse -
It may well be a great show ...

... I've heard good things.

But may I suggest that "doing something good with your life" RARELY begins by watching fictional TV.

Collapse -
It does begin by watching good t.v.

In reply to: It may well be a great show ...

T.V. changes lives. You ever catch the Superbowl in HD and watch it on a 60in. HDTV? It is like a religion that everyone is devoted to. No arguements and no Inquisitions are started. HDTV is what keeps me alive.

24 just changed my life and now I live my life in the fast lane unlike some of the the squares here.

By the way Evie-------- I don't care if you heard good things about 24, I only care if you have seen good things in 24;). So Evie go watch it.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) seems withdrawal is hard

In reply to: It does begin by watching good t.v.

Collapse -
Step away from the HDTV

There's a whole real world out there. How sad you equate a sporting event with religion.

Collapse -
p.s.

In reply to: Step away from the HDTV

If I ever do watch 24 it will be from the beginning, which at this point means buying it on DVD. I'll probably wait until the series ends and buy the complete collection then if so inclined.

I can wait. There's nothing life altering about entertainment.

Collapse -
Usually something good on the History channel...

but I guess I am a "square".

Collapse -
HAHAHA

In reply to: Usually something good on the History channel...

Yes I do watch History Channel for its documentaries on WW2, but that is it. But go watch 24 to see the "perfect show". The storyline writers of 24 even got a letter written by the U.S. government on how realistic the show is. Crazy stuff.

Collapse -
Saw part of a HC thing on

In reply to: Usually something good on the History channel...

Stalin at his peak. That was scary enough.

And the bodies didn't get back up after ''Cut!''

Collapse -
Watching TV is a life goal?

Where was that thread on education?

Collapse -
When you are 12

In reply to: Watching TV is a life goal?

I guess you could call TV a goal Devil

Collapse -
Sigh

In reply to: When you are 12

It really is pointless when people continue to bash on a show for no good reason. As I have stated earlier, the storyline writers of 24 got a letter from the U.S. government on how realistic the show is. I guess it does provide education into the real life acts of countering terrorism;).

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) She didn't bash the show.

In reply to: Sigh

Collapse -
Excuse me but......

In reply to: Sigh

that is your opinion! IMO I don't care for it:)

Collapse -
I never asked you for it....

In reply to: Excuse me but......

but all I say is go watch 24 and make yours and everyones life here worth living. Believe me, it is that DAMN good;).

Collapse -
I feel so sorry

In reply to: I never asked you for it....

that what makes your life worth living is a TV program! And BTW you did ask my opinion. You started out with naming me in your first post in this thread.
And telling me I should watch it. I gave my opinion of it. And you gave yours. What happens to your life when it goes off the air as all do eventually??

Collapse -
Glenda......

In reply to: I feel so sorry

go watch the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse -
LOL!

I find 24 the most boring show on television! And BTW I have a life that is full and rewarding:)

Collapse -
By not watching 24? Impossible

In reply to: LOL!

24 is absolutely addictive and thrilling. My god that one hour spent is the best hour spent on television. I know you haven't watched the show because you said it is boring when it is anything but. Please don't contradict on what the show really is and that is exciting!!!!

Collapse -
Your opinion.

In reply to: By not watching 24? Impossible

You'll be glad many agree with it, but don't get so defensive about a TV show! Glenda finds it boring that's all.

I didn't find the movie "The God's Must Be Crazy" to be in the least bit funny. Most of the folks I've ever talked to on that disagree with me. Still didn't make it funny to me.

Collapse -
Now that I did like:)

In reply to: Your opinion.

James brought that one home years ago and we did enjoy it:)

Collapse -
Wrong....

In reply to: By not watching 24? Impossible

we did watch it the first year, BUT we found other programs more interesting. And it could also be the fact that my life doesn't revolve around a TV program.

Collapse -
Who is revolving life around a T.V. show?

In reply to: Wrong....

Spending one hour on a Monday night and devoting it to a T.V. is called revolving your life around it? Personally I guarantee you all have nothing better to do anyways on a Monday night.

Go watch 24!!!

Collapse -
Go back and reread

In reply to: Who is revolving life around a T.V. show?

your own posts. BTW do they PAY you to tout this program???

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) GAL:(

In reply to: Go back and reread

Collapse -
An awfully strong statement

In reply to: Who is revolving life around a T.V. show?

I guarantee you all have nothing better to do anyways on a Monday night.

Get over yourself.
Collapse -
Forget this

In reply to: An awfully strong statement

I have come to terms that certain people are ignorant, and their ignorant statements mean nothing more than my useage to the bathroom. If you don't watch the show, then your critiscism means nothing.

It id true by what they say, "Ignorance is a bliss".

Collapse -
Get a hold of yourself

In reply to: Forget this

I didn't criticize the show. And anyone that might have something better to do with their time than watch it isn't ignorant, they just have different priorities and/or tastes than you do. You seem awfully insecure if everyone must agree with you and share your interests or you get defensive!

Collapse -
Reminds me of

In reply to: Get a hold of yourself

a two year old that starts crying, throws himself on the floor and holds his breath, all because he was told no! So sad:(

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!