Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Hey, Mark. Got any money?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hey, Mark. Got any money?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hey, Mark. Got any money?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
dynamite

In reply to: Hey, Mark. Got any money?

id love one but as gas $$$ ill wait:)

Collapse -
Here's another peek

In reply to: dynamite

LINK

It's amazing how much this one looks like the old one from the 60s.
Collapse -
Yeah, pretty close

In reply to: Here's another peek

however the 1967 model sits up a little higher. Road in one way back 'when' with an acquaintance, and after moving, flooring the pedal would snap your head back.

Collapse -
ok ill swallow my pride

you can buy me one:)

Collapse -
Heres another peek too of a 1967 Shelby. EdH

Collapse -
Nice.

In reply to: Heres another peek too of a 1967 Shelby. EdH

I've never really been into ''sporty'' cars so much. In the 80's I had a 1966 Galaxie 500 convertible, black with red and white interior. Had a 390 I think. I loved it but not a very practical car in New York City in the mid-80s.

Looked a lot like the one on this page. I'm tempted to get another one.

For an old car it had a beautiful ride and was extremely powerful. Not so economical though.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Only Mark? What about me?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Get in line.

In reply to: (NT) Only Mark? What about me?

Collapse -
I will

In reply to: (NT) Get in line.

but how is Mark before me? Or isn't he? Wink

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) im here in se longer

In reply to: I will

Collapse -
Hummer

The Hummers were going for 10 grand+ over invoice when they first came out.

Tom

Collapse -
There was the guy I talked to in 1988...

...who had one of the first Mazda Miatas. He went on and on about the car, and I agreed that it was nice. then, I asked him what he paid for it. He said that he'd paid $22,000 for it against a sticker of $15,500.

Let's see...he paid $6,500 over sticker for a car that at the minute he rolled it off the lot depreciated by at least $2,000. Sorry, that does not compute.

Besides, I can do that in the tech industry for a lot less money; all I have to do is be an early adopter of any new gadget, or as one friend calls them, ''second stage beta testers.'' Devil

Collapse -
Same story hrer,

In reply to: There was the guy I talked to in 1988...

knew a guy who bought a Pontiac Fiero (sp?) lost half of its value driving off the lot

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) they never had any value to begin with:)

In reply to: Same story hrer,

Collapse -
Yep!

In reply to: There was the guy I talked to in 1988...

Knew someone that bought one of the first Miatas. I suppose if you're in the income bracket where it doesn't matter, it's not a big deal, but I gotta figure most in that area are buying the classic car and fixing it to mint or something new & sporty in an entirely different price bracket.

I think it only took about 5 years for Miatas to become "midpriced" cars in the Mazda line!

Evie Happy

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.