The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Hey Eyetv does record....

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hey Eyetv does record....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hey Eyetv does record....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The Cheapest and Mult-Functional DVR (EyeTV)

In reply to: Hey Eyetv does record....

DUDE! I don't own an EyeTV (yet)... but from what I read and understand, this is your cheapeast and most mult-functional DVR out there.

Collapse -
Yes

In reply to: The Cheapest and Mult-Functional DVR (EyeTV)

It's cheap because it uses the computer to do the work. Silly And it'll even export to imovie to do video editing easily.

Collapse -
Hmm.

Somehow, I doubt it will look like all that... or even if there will be an interface on the Mac for the iTV.

Collapse -
I knew it!

I'm not crazy.

Collapse -
EyeTv

In reply to: I knew it!

I have the little USB EyeTV Hybird and it has very buggy software - frequently have to fight with it to get working S-video connection on both my Mac Pro and Mac Book Pro. EyeTV is aware of the problems and says they are coming out with improved software soon.

It does record but does not have any way to change channels - no IR controller for satellite boxes so it's very limited and manual record which to me - is useless.

Collapse -
iTV

In reply to: EyeTv

Apple's "iTV" product that is coming out doesn't record, it just seems like a expensive version of a Media Network Router that Dlink and countless others have been making forever

I'm sure that's what they were talking about yesterday

Collapse -
EyeTV Hybrid

That sucks! I thought the EyeTV Hybrid was an awesome piece of software... to record, change channels, export, and all that.

Sorry you're experiencing problems. I don't own one, but heavily considered it... though I probably never will.

Best of luck and appreciate the insight.

Collapse -
Really?

Nothing is perfect but it's remarkably bug free compared to the fusionhdtv card on my PC.

Collapse -
The confusion

In reply to: I knew it!

Molly and Tom and some listeners think you were talking about the iTV, while you were talking about the eyeTV. While we have no idea what the iTV will do or not do (which is what Tom and Molly said), we do know that the eyeTV is a DVR, or PVR or whatever, which is what you were saying. The eyeTV is definitely awesome for any Mac user. I'm suspecting you'll be able to plug the eyeTV into the iTV, since the iTV has a USB port Steve didn't discuss.

Collapse -
clarification

coming in today's episode

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.