Windows Vista forum

General discussion

HEY EVERYONE LISTEN UP ABOUT WINDOWS VISTA

by knight2448 / March 4, 2007 2:40 PM PST

LOOK PEOPLE I HAVE HEARD THE BUZZ AROUND THE NET ABOUT WINDOWS VISTA. EVERYONE BASHING MICROSOFT. MICROSOFT SUICKS AND ALL OF THE OTHER JUNK.

I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN SOME OF THE EVALUATION PROCESS OF VISTA I DID A LITTLE BETA TESTING AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A GREAT PRODUCT BACK WHEN THEY WERE LETTING PEOPLE DOWNLOAD THE BETA VERSIONS.

I BOUGHT VISTA WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT. OF COURSE THERE ARE GOING TO BE SOME BUGS TO WORK OUT. EVERY OS HAS THAT. I THINK EVERYONE IS MISSING THE MAIN ISSUES HERE.

SURE THERE ARE SOME WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY ISSUES WITH DESKTOPS. I HAD MY LAPTOP CONNECTED WIRELESSLY WITH NO PROBLEMS DURING BETA TESTING.

THE MAIN PROBLEM I SEE IS HARDWARE VENDORS ARE DRAGGING THERE FETT ABOUT MAKING SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS COMPATIBLE WITH VISTA.

BEFORE YOU GO BASHING MICROSOFT DO A LITTLE RESEARCH.

I FOUND OUT THAT ATI THE MAKER OF MY VIDEO CARD HAD THE STUFF THEY NEEDED LAST OCTOBER TO MAKE THEIR TV TUNERS WORK WITH VISTA. HERE IT IS ONE MONTH AFTER LAUNCH AND STILL NOTHING.

THE SAME WITH EPSON AND LEXMARK, I HAVE A PRINTER MADE BY BOTH COMPANIES.

I GOT A DRIVER JUST LAST WEEK FOR MY EPSON PRINTER BUT LEXMARK SAYS ANOTHER MONTH.

MY ADVICE TO EVERYONE IS BEFORE YOU JUMP IN AND BUY WINDOWS VISTA DO A LITTLE RESEARCH ABOUT YOUR HARDWARE, (NOT JUST THE VISTA UPGRADE ADVISOR) THAT WON'T TELL YOU MUCH.

GO TO THE WEBSITES OF HARDWARE MANUFACTURERS LIKE NVIDIA, CREATIVE LABS, ATI, EPSON LEXMARK OR WHATEVER AND MAKE SURE THEY HAVE DRIVERS AVAILABLE BEFORE YOU UPGRADE TO VISTA. IT WILL MAKE IT A LOT SMOOTHER.

I ALSO RECCOMNEND IF YOUR COMPUTER IS MORE THAN A YEAR OLD STAY WITH XP OR BUY A NEW MACHINE.
WINDOWS VISTA HAS SOME VERY AGGRESSIVE HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS. I HAVE A 2.8GHZ PENTIUM D WITH 1GB OF RAM. I UPGRADED MY RAM TO 3GB TO GET READY FOR VISTA.

I ACTUALLY RAN VISTA WITH ONLY 1GB OF RAM AND THE COMPUTER WAS SLOW. THE 2GB UPGRADE WAS LIKE ADDING NOS TO A MUSCLE CAR.

I ALSO AM SURPRISED THAT VISTA DOES NOT DETECT MY DUAL CORE.

IT SAYS I HAVE A 32-BIT PROCESSOR.

THE DELL BIOS SAYS IT IS INDEED 64-BIT
PENTIUM D WAS THE FIRST DUAL CORE RELEASED BY INTEL.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HEY EVERYONE LISTEN UP ABOUT WINDOWS VISTA
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HEY EVERYONE LISTEN UP ABOUT WINDOWS VISTA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Please get rid of the All Caps.
by Ray Harinec / March 4, 2007 9:44 PM PST

It's considered rude and yelling.

Collapse -
(NT) I THINK IT IS EASIER TO READ
by rgfitz / March 4, 2007 11:40 PM PST
Collapse -
sorry about all caps
by knight2448 / March 5, 2007 2:28 AM PST

I was not yelling and if you think it is rude don't read or respond to my post.

I asked for help about the problem I am having connecting to nas and another networked computer if you can't help me please do not respond.

Collapse -
Sorry, but I always complain about all caps, and will contin
by Ray Harinec / March 5, 2007 2:43 AM PST
In reply to: sorry about all caps

A few years ago they were a real annoyance in these forums.

Most violators simply wanted their post to get the most attention.

Collapse -
caps
by WAArnold / March 15, 2007 2:45 AM PDT
In reply to: sorry about all caps

Maybe we missed the question.

Write your post in CAPS and then write if using both and you'll see that CAPS aren't easier to read.

Anyway, what is the problem you were asking about?

Collapse -
All Caps
by Jelly Baby / March 10, 2007 8:55 PM PST

Maybe it's a Vista bug.....

New keyboard driver please

Collapse -
Vista is like Firestone Tires
by alamocats / March 5, 2007 2:45 AM PST

You can put either on existing equipment...it is just a questions of performance and quality of engineering.

Collapse -
May I quote you on that?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 5, 2007 2:56 AM PST

Well put.

Bob

Collapse -
I don't buy it!
by trublubush / March 5, 2007 11:39 AM PST

To Knight,

You said, "THE MAIN PROBLEM I SEE IS HARDWARE VENDORS ARE DRAGGING THERE FETT ABOUT MAKING SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS COMPATIBLE WITH VISTA."

I disagree.
...What are you saying??? Are all the software and hardware vendors supposed to come around to Microsoft's way of thinking and re-design their existing consumer lines just to please Microsoft?? I don't think so!! Homey don't play dat!!

Does Microsoft think it's the God of industry? ...Does it seek to gain imperial control over the world of communications? What we have here is a case of corporate bullying; ...maybe Microsoft needs another courtroom summons.

I think we'd all be better off if Microsoft would engineer it's updates in accordance with the products now being manufactured and used by most people.

(Oh..., and btw, you better watch your back, Microsoft..., Apple and others are starting to advance very quickly!)

Trublu

Collapse -
what he's saying is
by benjiko / March 5, 2007 12:14 PM PST
In reply to: I don't buy it!

that the hardware vendors had all this time to make their product vista-useable, especially since it's been in beta for quite a while. THEY are the ones that need to please the customers by stepping their programs up to vista's standards, not the other way around. yet Microsoft are the ones that are getting bashed because they can't control what programs are yet vista-useable. and with (last i heard) roughly 90 pct of home computers being Microsoft OS's, i would say, yes. they are God of the PC industry until someone else rises up and gives a worthy challenge.

Microsoft makes it's OS better and changes it to make it more secure, stable, faster, etc. it's the VENDOR'S job to keep up if they want to keep their customers. if the customers don't like Microsoft's OS's then they will either not upgrade, or they will use a different OS that they like, and if the vendor's lucky they will have a version of their product for that OS as well. if not, then they arn't doing their job right.

Collapse -
Just the facts...
by trublubush / March 6, 2007 8:33 AM PST
In reply to: what he's saying is

Fact: Most people are still using XP.
Fact: Most vendors are still engineering their lines and meeting customer expectations with products that are compatible with XP.
Fact: Vendors are well aware of Vista and already have designs for up-dating and product marketing commensurate with anticipated sales of Vista to meet future expectations.
Fact: Most vendors can not afford, at this point in time, to market multiple versions of their existing products. This just wouldn't be cost-effective.

Bottom line: If Vendors were to market multiple versions, ...who would buy the "Vista version?" Obviously, only people who have PC's with Vista!! ...and how customers would that be? So far, not too many!
In other words, what good would it do me to invest my money in a corporation that is only able to sell it's line of products in a city of residents who, presently, are unable to use it! I will invest my money if and when the residents start to use the product enough that existing sales become cost-effective.

You have to realize that software vendors are in the business to make money, not loose it. If they can continue to make money selling to XP customers, they will surely do so.

Another thing, Vista is sure not gaining too many friends. Perhaps people are not yet ready for the art of wizardry as performed by an operating system that is so secure that it won't let any programs run. Thanks a lot Microsoft!! The next time we need an operating system that will only work with slight-of-hand gestures, we'll rattle your cage.

>Trublu

Collapse -
10-4
by bridgeport37 / March 6, 2007 10:37 AM PST
In reply to: Just the facts...

The least usoft could have done is to have some type of switch to boot up in XP or VISTA, if they were serious.

I wasted much time trying to get app to run and then had to buy a copy of XP for a new laptop.

I just noted that DELL is considering selling PCs with LINUX.

JJ

Collapse -
They do have such a 'switch'...
by John.Wilkinson / March 6, 2007 11:45 AM PST
In reply to: 10-4

Windows Vista does have a decent boot loader, as did XP, so if you install two versions of Windows side-by-side you can switch between the two at boot.

John

Collapse -
Switch
by bridgeport37 / March 6, 2007 10:19 PM PST

Hi,

My wish would be to have the vendor take care of that and sell the OS bundled with no requirement for average user to know about how to load two OS and deal with boot loaders.

Also, companies like Compaq/HP are selling machines which are known to not have enough RAM to really run Vista correctly. You might as well go back 5 years in time for the type of response times you get with such a low configuration of RAM.

USOFT will eventually get back, but in this process they will lose some market share. With all this hassle, next machine, even if more money is MAC. My frustration is worth some cash.

The bottom line is that usoft has a monopoly and can pull things off like this. Any other company with competition would not dare alianate customers in this manner.

Thanks.

jj

Collapse -
To really put yourself at the mercy of a monopoly........
by Igiveup2 / March 9, 2007 2:02 PM PST
In reply to: Switch

go ahead and switch to Apple. You'll be forced to deal with ONE manufacturer of overpriced, overengineered, unreliable hardware if you want the Mac OS.

http://macbookrandomshutdown.com/

Competition is healthy. It happens between PC manufacturers. There is no competition between manufacturers on the Mac end.

Collapse -
Best way to Run MS Vista is on a Mac..Period
by soldano / March 14, 2007 8:52 PM PDT

Really? I ditched Microsoft (for the most part) about 10 months ago and got me a Mac Book Pro (sweet tool!). I use it everyday for about 90+% of my everyday needs however there are some apps I can't get for Mac that exist only for MS based systems and I also need it to hop onto MS server domains.

I installed MS Vista Business on my Mac with the use of Parallels and man it?s great. I have none of the bitching issues most people encounter since parallels emulates all the device drivers and pipes all requests out an inbound through the devices which are handled by Tiger OSX.

I have 2 Gig of Ram and Vista loads super fast and behaves quicker than the installs on brute powered PC's.

I luv my Mac and M$ can die peacefully for the crappy abomination they have unleashed at a premium on the public for essentially a Beta product namely being Vista.

Btw - I also run several flavors of linux and it's awesome. I will never turn back to PC or M$ fully ever again...I'm done with junk and since gaming is something that I never do, the PC platform holds very little value for me, since I moved to Mac.

Collapse -
But that's just Microsoft on a Mac.
by Igiveup2 / March 15, 2007 5:22 PM PDT

You're not making much sense, old boy. You state that Vista is running great through Parallels (as it is for me on the PC platform), yet you refer to that same program that's performing so wonderfully for you as a "crappy abomination." The fact is, people are not having problems with clean installs or OEM versions of Vista on adequate PC hardware. Not all OEM installs are optimally configured (mine wasn't), but optimizing Vista is easy to do with just a little awareness of how the thing works. Virtually every complaint I'm aware of falls into one of four categories: 1) installation on hardware with inadequate CPU/RAM, 2) upgrade installs with left-over drivers that cause problems, 3) incompatible third-party software, and 4) peripherals not supported with updated drivers. None of those are a fundamental problem with Vista.

"I have 2 Gig of Ram and Vista loads super fast and behaves quicker than the installs on brute powered PC's."

2GB RAM (and 2+ GHz)is brute power. And how do you know your machine boots and runs Vista faster than a comparably powered PC? My cold boot time is 50 seconds (2 GB DDR2 RAM, 5400 RPM SATA HDD, 1.66GHz Core 2 Duo). If you've got a faster boot time, I hope you find it worth the extra $1k.

I've tried Mac. Never again. OSX on a G5 (1.2 GB RAM) was in my experience a much buggier OS than XP ever was. Spinning beachball. Screen freeze. Locked out of force quit. Power switch only option. That happened tooo often! On these forums are posts from IT professionals who report that they have NEVER seen an XP system crash. I've never had a freeze-up or system crash on this Vista machine. It's just not the bad old days of 16 bit Windows any more, thankfully. I will concede, however, that Mac is relatively idiot-proof.

Now about that pretty white thing that you "luv." It's an overengineered little queen that is much more vulnerable to failure from a hardware fault than any well built PC. The Mac platform is tuned to an EXTREMELY tight performance envelope for its components. Couple that with Apple's declining quality between the jaws of inherently higher production costs and price competitive pressure in recent years, and you have a big systemic problem. On top of that, Macs are having a big problem with heat. Feel that burn? Death's a comin', baby. Here are some links to enlighten you some more about your precious Mac.

http://macbookrandomshutdown.com/

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-10152_102-0.html?forumID=97&threadID=233783

http://forums.cnet.com/5208-7587_102-0.html?forumID=69&threadID=233693&messageID=2404651#2404651

Enjoy your high-priced membership in the Mac club, at the mercy of its sole hardware supplier.

Collapse -
Strawman Bilge........Grow up
by soldano / March 16, 2007 12:04 AM PDT

Your pithy post is nothing but a case of serious strawman bilge. 5 possibly 6 posts on random Mac shutdowns, and a couple of which have to do with heating issues.

Whoopee???The sky is falling Apple?s rise is doomed!

Keep your seriously flawed arguments to yourself and your buddies because posts like yours only serve to show the ******** logic you tout as pandemic of all Mac books. Your rant is nothing more than sheer and utter nonsense. Every corporation has bad days and bad batches of goods so I am willing to accept that several Macs left the factory either flawed individually or as a batch. It happens to the best of companies. Just the other day I saw a rant on TV of guy who purchased a 200k Porsche which he claims is a lemon. It happens. To further that instance of a grudge to all Porsches is just as silly and meaningless as your flawed view.

I don?t game with my computers so that aspect of kiddy reliability has never been a benchmark of mine. However I can never forget the years of angst M$ has given me as a user and a professional in the IT field for over 10 years. Don?t get me wrong I have made a bundle of money servicing/repairing M$ PC?s /Servers on domains ect. and for that I am truly grateful ?cause if the cat was really let out of the bag and the masses start to migrate to Mac (which will never happen anytime soon, thankfully) I will be going broke fast. I depend on Microcrap and its flaws, vulnerabilities and quirks for an income and I pray they remain the No.1 desktop for a very long time.

Getting back to Vista the latest Beta product for M$, I have it on my PC for 2 reasons to showcase my Mac to potential clients and show the copycat nature of M$ to clients who have never quite been exposed to the wonders of Mac. I also use the Vista to log onto clients M$ domains so as to trouble shoot problems. I use it out of necessity and not want.

[quote] You're not making much sense, old boy. You state that Vista is running great through Parallels (as it is for me on the PC platform), yet you refer to that same program that's performing so wonderfully for you as a "crappy abomination."[/quote]

Vista does run great with the aid of parallels. I had no drivers to contend with at all. The major flaw with Vista is driver compatibility issues with a vast number of older peripheral components. One of many examples I can share is; I have a perfectly fine promise SATA Raid controller on a test system at work. Well guess what? 6 weeks into the official release of Vista and no such drivers exist and my guess is they never will. Greed will prevail from every manufacturer and consumers will be forced to upgrade perfectly good hardware regardless, if they wish to use Vista.

Boot times with Microcrap are so subjective it?s a joke. A clean install on a pocket rocket unit will give you great startup times always. Lets see that start up time blowout when you load it with 20 of your favorite programs with full Aero graphics with sidebar? You may fool a newbie with your chest thumping rants but I?ve been around far too long to be rattled by snake oil peddlers the likes of you and MicroCrap.

Cheers

Collapse -
Grow up some more.
by +FORGIVEN+ / March 16, 2007 5:24 PM PDT

I agree soldano. Igiveup2 simply antagonizes and instigates on his forum. Until he learns to address people with respect, C|NET should remove his membership or kick his posts. He looks for any and every chance to be insulting.

Collapse -
This from the one who......
by Igiveup2 / March 17, 2007 1:36 PM PDT
In reply to: Grow up some more.

....was admonished by the moderator for using offensive language while referring to Microsoft!!?? Granted, you cleaned it up for daddy.
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6142_102-0.html?forumID=133&threadID=236877&messageID=2429720#2429720
Or how about your completely uncalled-for insult to this other person's innocuous post:
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-12546_102-0.html?forumID=133&threadID=236877&messageID=2425952#2425952
Now tell me, is that "addressing people with respect?" Did I make you do that? YOU couldn't be responsible for your own behavior, could you? After all, as you told the moderator, it was "masterworx" who afflicted you with pottymouth.
I recall you accusing me of "censuring" (sic) for refuting another one of your lame screeds. Then, a couple of posts later, you offered the opinion that people who do not subscribe to your hateful line towards Microsoft should not be allowed on the forums. Tell me, kind sir, is your irony intentional?
One final question. Have you posted any information in these forums to HELP or provide USEFUL information to people? Or are you just here to pontificate and spew hate? We don't need that noise.

Collapse -
The ability to disagree and get along.....
by soldano / March 17, 2007 2:25 PM PDT

I don?t believe in banning anyone from anything as we don?t need moderators to be subjected to any decision making other than removing offensive posts. The right to voice an opinion is vital to avenues of information. Just because I may not agree with someone?s view doesn?t make it wrong or right but rather a nice exchange of written banter.

I will defend everyone?s write to post whatever the topic or matter ?cause it will be a sad day for us all should that right be denied to us.

Write and disagree to your hearts content! That?s what make us unique, the ability to disagree and get along?.LOL

Cheers

Collapse -
Exactly
by +FORGIVEN+ / March 17, 2007 5:52 PM PDT

You attitude says everything we need to know. I'm done with C|NET only because of you .

BYEBYE

Collapse -
Let's get back to Windows Vista...
by John.Wilkinson / March 18, 2007 12:16 AM PDT

I know this is a hot topic, but let's keep it about the topic. There's no need to insult or demean each other over a difference of opinion. If I may make a suggestion, borrowing from the usernames present, give up on 'converting' each other's opinions, forgive any previous comments, and just agree to disagree. I don't want anyone to be unable to express their opinions, but at the same time there is a difference between expressing opinions and challenging others.

Thanks,
John

Collapse -
I bought it
by susanne563 / March 8, 2007 10:40 PM PST

Well lets face it things are allways going to advance and windows xp will only be supported for a couple more years. The vendors did have enough time to supply drivers for there products. I just got an e-mail from HP i own a photo printer from HP and they announced that they will not make a vista driver for this product and to buy a new printer. Well i did but sure not from HP.
The case may very well be that apple is going to do the same thing at some point.

Collapse -
i will not buy vista tell me why to buy?
by dragoon6 / March 9, 2007 1:46 AM PST

I was talking to a teck friend who has been a teck for 28 years and also is a server he told me that he will not upgrade for one very important reason vista has a built in tracking system that reports everything you do to the goverment and xp does not have this I am a privet person and I donot want anybody tracking and keeping a log on me behind my back . if there is anybody who can tell me my friend is full os sh@@ and can prove this is not true please explainto me ( would you like being tract or a record of all your stuff in the goverments hands behind your back? ) thank you for any imput

Collapse -
Not true...
by John.Wilkinson / March 9, 2007 2:52 AM PST

First, there is no direct link between Vista and any government entity. If served a subpoena, Microsoft would have to turn over any information about you that they have, such as name, address, phone number, e-mail address, etc., but it is not simply handed over willingly and the government would have to specifically name you.

Second, Microsoft does not keep track of everything you do on the computer. While Vista is somewhat more invasive in its piracy checks, you can choose not to send crash reports and such to Microsoft.

Third, you can also use software to monitor all communication to and from your computer to ensure that it is not communicating with Microsoft or the government. This, of course, takes time and a certain degree of knowledge, but it is entirely possible. There are, in fact, third-party watch dog groups that constantly 'check up' on Microsoft and report anything that may be considered an invasion of privacy.

Fourth, if you are truly concerned about such invasions of privacy, you should disconnect your computer from the internet. Seriously. Your ISP has the right to log every website you acess and the capabilities to read every bit of information you send or receive over the internet. They are not permitted to do such for their own personal benefit, but they are in far better position to invade your privacy than Microsoft is.

Just something to think about.
John

P.S. Do you happen to know at what resolution the US governmental satellites can zoom in on an individual and 'follow' him/her throughout the day? On second thought, perhaps it's better not to think about it. Happy

Collapse -
thanks
by dragoon6 / March 9, 2007 3:58 AM PST
In reply to: Not true...

I was told this and I was wondering how true it was the teck was refering to all info on your computer and I don't do anything to hide I don't even do any banking on line but I like to know if they are doing this the govermint can do anything and getaway with it normal people can't stop them and can't prove anything when it comes to goverment . and I know how goverment works very well but since this terroist sh@@ has happened you just don't know how far they will go in stuff any more . thanks for all your imput

Collapse -
Get a new keyboard
by tchristoff / March 9, 2007 6:14 AM PST

Any chance you can get a new keyboard(-:? Obviously your period key ain't workin'. Makes your posts extremely difficult to read!

Collapse -
nothing wrong with keyboard
by dragoon6 / March 9, 2007 6:44 AM PST
In reply to: Get a new keyboard

it's just me ......................................................... I just forget sometimes . and I was being bothered by the kids.

Collapse -
wondering about monitoring system
by sonny cross / March 10, 2007 7:37 PM PST

I'm fairly new to computering I have an hp pavilion a450n which i've up graded to 2gb's of ram and also upgraded my hard drive 232gb's I had 147gb's when it was bought so i have about 380gb's i store alot of music and pictures i also have an external drive i use to back up my system with a my book pro by western digital my step mom is a programer for mutual of omaha and she says i worrie to much but i want to know more about what my system is doing a friend told me two years ago the best way to learn is do it and boy have i i've totally shut it down before i mean mess it up so bad i had to get help cause it was just blacked out i've only been on the computer for 2 years and i've learned alot my kids got a virus from msn chating and by the time i noticed my norton was down loading from a file instead of the internet it was to late it took control of my firewall my anti virus and i paid some guy 200.00 to reformat my hard drive so i'm very interested in learning about security of my computer an programs to help me monitor it and keep it safe i have avg internet security ghost surf2006 which i uninstalled be cause was a real hassel with most of my programs running not to speak of the complaints from my 2 kids i still have at home any way if you would be interested in giving me any pointers or help with monitoring it would be alright i have alot to learn my mom says its a tool to use but i feel what good is a tool if you don't understand how it works or how to run it right and every mistake i do i've learned more about how it works but i still type with one finger i was an truck driver for about 10 years an owner operator and in 2004 i swerved an animal and did something i knew not to do which lead to me rolling my truck and trailer and leaving me with short term memeory loss and my balance is off so now i am not aloud to drive they tell me if i get any more trama to my head if it doesn't kill me i will be in a vegitable like state so i stay home alot i have been trying to get s.s. disablity for 3 years now hopefully soon it really is crappy that i can no longer work but they tell me its good for me to read alot and make my brain use new cells to help my memiory get somewhat better i do tend to go on about things that dont really matter but i'm glade i'm still alive i have 4kids 6 grand kids that can use up some of my time boy have i gotten way off the subject sorry. i would like any advice or reference to learn my hot mail is s.s.express@hotmail.com if you are interested like i said i'm just learning about computers but i do have a good back ground knowledge of eletronics before i went into trucking i put in phone,alarms,pageing&intercoms systems for about ten years i still remember most of it. its the stuff i try to put in my head now that i have problem with remembering so i do alot of rereading and make lots of notes or files to help me remember now but they tell me i have to lead a sheltered life now but the computer helps me get back into the world i hope you or anyone who might want to help gets intouch i go by sonny or badluck and i hope i haven't done or wrote anything i'm not suppost to have. thanks alot for at least reading this even better if i can get any help sonny p.s it really bad not to go to work i only had 31 years of work now i feel like a bum cause i cannot work but working with the computer has given me some pride back i dont feal that i'm a total wast...sonny

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?