The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Heroes: Save The Cheerleader, Save Tthe World

WOAH!? Anyone caught Monday, 04's airing of Heroes? I am so freaking addicted to this show; being a big X-Men fanatic while I was growing-up.

Did Sylar kill the girl who can control people's thoughts? I hope not, I was just liking her as a bad character.

And how does Sylar learn/emulate people's abilities? Someone break it down for me.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Heroes: Save The Cheerleader, Save Tthe World
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Heroes: Save The Cheerleader, Save Tthe World
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Can't sleep. Sylar will take my brains.

In reply to: Heroes: Save The Cheerleader, Save Tthe World

Collapse -
(NT) are the videos online? I've missed nearly all episodes...

Collapse -
She shot herself in the head.

She did this so Sylar couldn't eat her brains. He's a brain eater. I'm not sure how he managed to get shot so many times by the mind reading cop and still live. He doesn't have healing ability otherwise he could care less about the cheerleader. Also, they gave away too much when they showed Peter exploding. It seems clear that he gets too close to the nuclear mutant, absorbs his power and detonates. They don't give the She-hulk enough screen time beating the crap out of people.

Collapse -
I thought it was Sylar who moved the gun to her head

In reply to: She shot herself in the head.

Either case, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that Sylar is one disturbed man. He doesn't have the healing ability yet, but he has the telekinesis ability after he killed his first hero. All he needed to do when the cop shot him was to use that ability to stop the bullets from hitting him.

Plus, I'm not sure if Peter explodes b/c he's too close to the nuclear mutant. I think it has to do with his mimicking power. It could be like a nuclear meltdown if he's surrounded by too many heros, like how the dream was portraying. Maybe his system went into overload with some many abilities around him, in a sense he's sorta like Sylar, without eating the brains.

Collapse -
No, I think she shot herself.

In reply to: I thought it was Sylar who moved the gun to her head

Sylar looked surprised when the gun moved to her head.

Guess I'll watch it real quick and report back.

Collapse -
Overload

OH!!!

I didn't think of that either, how he could've overloaded on too many of the abilities... maybe that explains why most of the other mutants were running away or staying away from him, before he went into "meltdown."

Collapse -
Then why have a nuclear mutant?

In reply to: I thought it was Sylar who moved the gun to her head

Nah, it's pointless to have a nuclear mutant if you're not going to use him. I would agree with the mutant ability overload if we didn't have the nuclear mutant. It's pretty obvious, yet the show can't end that way without becoming the stupidest show ever on television. Peter explodes and kills everyone. The End.

Peter has the potential to be the best hero overall in close quarter fighting with his teamates nearby because then he's a one man team.

Hiro is still the most powerful. Stop time, kill enemy, rinse, repeat.

Collapse -
MY PICK: Peter

In reply to: Then why have a nuclear mutant?

If I had to pick a mutant on the show to be, I'd pick Peter. He does have the best of the abilities.

I bet the whole nuclear meltdown in the city is vision and will never occur. In the vision, he probably is overloaded with the other mutant abilities and perhaps the class of strength of the nuclear ability where he can't control it; b/c the dude that has the nuclear ability can barely control it himself.

Collapse -
Braineater

In reply to: She shot herself in the head.

OHHH!!! So you say she shot herself in the head, so he couldn't take her ability? HHmm, I didn't think of that. I was hoping she was shot elsewhere, b/c I was beginning to like her in a "White Queen" (Marvel Characater) sorta-sense.

So Sylar literally eats their brains or does he like read their brainwaves to learn their abilities?

Good point about him being shot by the cop in earlier episodes. I forgot about that. However, he killed other unnamed mutants so he could somehow resisted those shots.

I agree about the ending. At first, I didn't get why the mutants and friends were just running around in the city. But then the dude's body erupts; so that one was a no-brainer.

I too wish they gave Nikki more "fighting scenes."

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.