Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Hep me, hep me!!!

I was wondering if anyone else has had, or heard of, this problem and knows what the deal is. I've been using Microsoft's Digital Imaging Pro 10 in preparation for a show next week. Yesterday I noticed a problem while attempting to reduce backlighting in a photo. While in the "exposure and lighting" editing screen I am able to make the needed changes but when I hit "done"-as in this is the way it should be-my picture reverts back to the original. Not good. Especially when, if I make any other changes using any of the other tools, there are no problems whatsoever. I'm running DIP10 on a Sharp ActiusRD10, using XP, with plenty of space and have absolutely no other problems, except those related to operator error. Any ideas? I'm in a bit of a panic b/c the pics are fabulous and only need minor changes to backlighting to make them sell for $100 rather than $10. Many thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hep me, hep me!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hep me, hep me!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Frankly? MS is known for such anomalies.

In reply to: Hep me, hep me!!!

With "The GIMP" and PICASSO out and about without this issue, you have other tools at your disposal if you don't have PHOTOSHOP.

The price is free for "The GIMP" and PICASSO. Use http://www.google.com to find these great tools.

Bob

Collapse -
This may Help

Just a suggestion to try!

I use PhotoImpact 10 and they instruct you to first make a duplicate of the image [a UFO Ulead format] and then apply the ''Enhancement/Modification'' and last of all save in the JPEG format [The less Saving helps to overcome image loss].
Now Note! = I have found if you modify and ''Save'' the original image the ''Thumbnail'' is shown as the original unmodified image, yet when you open up the image it is showing fully modified??

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Who got the L out of here?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.