HolidayBuyer's Guide

Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Helpful new feature for the forum

by jackzelouf / September 5, 2010 10:18 PM PDT

One of the features which i think would be really useful, which i can't see implemented on this forum, is a solved button.

I have seen this on a lot of forums, and basically it you had an issue which has been solved, you click solved, and then instead of reading through all the posts, users can just read the solution, which would save a lot of time.

Could this please be impmented?

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Helpful new feature for the forum
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Helpful new feature for the forum
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I agree...
by John.Wilkinson / September 6, 2010 2:32 AM PDT

In fact, I made that suggestion for Phase 2 of the forum overhaul, which should begin in the next month. No word if it will be implemented, but it would certainly be a welcomed addition.

John

Collapse -
I agree.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 7, 2010 7:06 AM PDT

A good idea.

Mark

Collapse -
Very good idea indeed...and why not just
by Steven Haninger / September 8, 2010 10:04 AM PDT
In reply to: I agree.

turn the solved problems into......stickies. Devil

Collapse -
This is something that we will be implementing...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / September 10, 2010 2:10 AM PDT

After the backend phase of moving to our new forum platform we will be working on new forum feature sets and this is one feature that will be implemented.

This feature will allow the author of the question to select which answer by our members helped them out most in solving their issue. While we will only are allowing the author of the question to select which one answer was best, in addition we will also be implementing a helpfulness rating on all answers provided, so that any member can vote on the answers they thought were helpful leading up to the solution.

Thanks for the suggestion, I personally can't wait for this feature to get implemented, it's been long over due.

Cheers!
-Lee

Collapse -
Question
by jackzelouf / January 3, 2011 10:25 PM PST

Hi Lee,

When will this feature be implemented, or has it already?

Thanks

Collapse -
Coming soon...
by John.Wilkinson / January 4, 2011 2:37 AM PST
In reply to: Question

That feature is planned for Phase II of the forum overhaul, which is currently in progress. An exact date has not been set yet, though I believe they're shooting for releasing the new functionality this quarter. If all goes according to plan, that means we should see it appear sometime before the snow melts.

Regards,
John

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.