Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Help with ZoneAlarm Version 4.5.594.000

by gille1 / November 27, 2009 6:09 PM PST

I downloaded it from here.
http://www.oldversion.com/ZoneAlarm.html
I'm not trying to break any rules. I'm just trying to give out as much information, so I apologize for the advertising.
I finally found a firewall for Windows Me that can block out unwanted cheaters from my gaming server. Now the only problem for me's that I don't know how to add their IP to an untrusted list. It only gives me the option to put them onto a trust list from what I'm seeing. Here's a screen to show you all what I'm talking about.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/3759/95225090.jpg

How can this problem be fixed, or if it can't, is there a version of ZoneAlarm that can, that's compatible with Windows Me? Thanks for your time.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help with ZoneAlarm Version 4.5.594.000
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help with ZoneAlarm Version 4.5.594.000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just ideas.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 27, 2009 11:44 PM PST
Collapse -
Error on installation.
by gille1 / November 28, 2009 1:45 PM PST
In reply to: Just ideas.
Collapse -
DLL hell.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 28, 2009 10:18 PM PST
In reply to: Error on installation.

Sorry, but those things don't happen to me.

Did you put that error on google?

Collapse -
Oh well.
by gille1 / November 29, 2009 12:15 PM PST
In reply to: DLL hell.

Yes. I checked Google, but I got nothing. I only read that maybe it might be a virus on my computer, but I've done a scan and it's clean. Sad
Thanks for the help. If there's any other ideas about how I can do what I want to do with the firewall, I'd be interested in hearing. I would've thought they would've made a ZoneAlarm with an untrusted list though. I don't know anything about that type of stuff though.

Collapse -
It can be the antivirus.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 29, 2009 8:08 PM PST
In reply to: Oh well.

Or other protection interfering with the install. As to zonealarm, you find no support there for this feature. Given the minimal cost of XP or Vista(?) why not move to a new OS?

Or if you feel adventurous, put the firewall on some linux box, or run Windows ME inside Virtual Box on Linux?
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.