Question

Help with which graphics card to buy to play Guild Wars 2

Okay, here's the story - I am using my old, crappy computer for the time being as I've sent my current rig away to be repaired. However, It's estimated that I won't get my computer back till early October! *grinds teeth* That said, I'm currently using my old DELL Optiplex 755 SFF. It's specs are as follows: Core 2 Duo 2.3Ghz, 4GB RAM (DDR2), 160GB hard drive, and Windows XP Home. It doesn't have a graphics card, so I'm here to ask for anyone's advice on which one to buy for this system? In saying that, I don't want to have to buy an expensive graphics card. I'm looking for something inexpensive, somewhere along the lines of the X1800, which is the minimum graphical requirement to run Guild Wars 2. Any recommendations will be very helpful!

Please keep in mind that I realise that this is not the optimal system specs to be running Guild Wars 2. It is a temporary situation until I get my computer back. So, I plan on setting everything to low - med, and the resolution to 1024x768.

Thank you all in advance.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Help with which graphics card to buy to play Guild Wars 2
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Help with which graphics card to buy to play Guild Wars 2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Limiters

You have a 275w psu.
You need a low profile card.
Bucks.

What's the budget?

- Collapse -
Answer
Inside those limits I'm always picking THIS card. Link.....

CNET Forums