Phones forum

General discussion

Help with Verizon Wireless Rhapsody software

by vifirebird / October 19, 2008 4:45 AM PDT

I have a Nokia 6315i cell phone, which comes with a microSD card slot, which I use with a Toshiba 1GB card. When I use the software, tiw orks very well, but I have two problems. The first one is that when I put a song onto the card, it is listed in the music library in the phone and in the card, but when I try and play it, it gives the error "Player Error Could not play (song name)". This only works for one song, and it's an MP3 file just like all my other ones. The other problem that I have is that several songs have normal file names on the software's database and on the card itself when viewed on a computer, but when the fiels are viewed from the phone, the files have a question mark in front and after the name (for example, one song is ?(song name)? /?(artist name)?/?(album name)? This only happens for certian songs, and I can't figure out why, and it makes the list songs un alphabetized and harder to navigate to. I tried fuly filling out all fields in the software, including track # and CD# and date, but some songs still display the question marks. I even tried removing the underscores from the file names, but no luck.
Note: all of my music is ripped from CDs that I imported.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help with Verizon Wireless Rhapsody software
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help with Verizon Wireless Rhapsody software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
That could be IT!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 19, 2008 4:52 AM PDT

I read your post twice and I can't quite tell exactly how you put the song onto the memory card. A friend had that error and they were ripping their CDs and making MP3 files. None of their files would play on the phone.

In short:
They had mp3 files.
They copied those to the card.
No titles would play. But would list.

The reason was the BITRATE and ENCODING was not compatible with the phone.
Bob

Collapse -
Sorry, my mistake
by vifirebird / October 19, 2008 4:54 AM PDT
In reply to: That could be IT!

Used the sandisk Minimate microsd card reader. I understand what you're saying, but the song had a bitrate of 182, and anotehr song that had the same bitrate worked fine.

Collapse -
182 is an odd bitrate.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 19, 2008 4:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry, my mistake

But along with rate, there are what other MP3 tags, encoding, etc.

My buddy lost weeks decoding what worked and what didn't. In the end I installed the phone software and synced the MP3 and it transcoded it, uploaded it and the music played.

Let me be clear I never bothered to decode why his MP3's didn't play. Why should I work that hard?
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?