Samsung forum

General discussion

Help with UN55B8000. I cannot play any movie files

by coco0045 / November 28, 2009 6:15 AM PST

Hi,

I got the new 55 LED TV (UN55B8000) and using PS3 media server on my Mac via DLNA to stream movies. However, I cannot play ANY movie file types! Most of my movies are in avi but even mpeg cannot be played. I see the PS3 media server in the Media Play screen and able to browse trhough all my collections of movies, but when I click on the movie, it states "file format is not supported." I've update the UN55B8000 firmware and even registered for Divx as well without any help. Can someone please point me to the right direction? What am I doing wrong? Do I have to change media server? It's a Mac so what media server work well with Samsung tv? I rather not use Bootcamp to use the Samsung media server. What are my options and please please help! Thank you!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help with UN55B8000. I cannot play any movie files
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help with UN55B8000. I cannot play any movie files
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Help with UN55B8000. I cannot play any movie files
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 28, 2009 9:29 AM PST

coco0045,

The TV doesn't officially support Mac, so I'll bump this up to the top for those who may be able to help. I just don't have any resources available for support.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Still problem evem with Windows...
by coco0045 / November 28, 2009 3:15 PM PST

I even tried playing the videos via Windows using tversity as my media server. Same problem as with the PS3 server; "file format is not recognized." I'm beginning to be worried if its not the TV itself. What media server are people using besides the OEM one that Samsung gave us that's working? Am I doing anything wrong?

Collapse -
PS3
by jw650 / November 29, 2009 7:09 PM PST
Collapse -
Help! Can not stream subtitles (srt) files to LE7000 w/DLNA!
by gjokan / February 6, 2010 5:21 AM PST

HI,were you able to solve your issue with streaming from MAC to Samsung?
I am able to stream avi using eyeconnect, but it doesn't recognize external subtitles (srt or sub), avi works fine.
In other forums I read that PS3 media player works better. I installed it in my Macbook, it is recognized from the TV, can navigate through the folders, but can no play at all avi's, mpg's, jpg's etc....It says all the time "file format not supported"...any idea?

the funnny thing is that using PS3 meda player, in samsung I see that for a cetain.avi I have external subtitles, but is simply not able to play the files (video, photos) Sad

Whoever has a solution to this, please tell me...I am getting desperated...
Note to the samsung people:I bought this samsung because of DLNA, but is really DECEVING!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.