Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Help with startup, keeps looping, BSOD!!!

by crimsonkitten / October 25, 2004 6:52 AM PDT

It's an older comptuer, Compaq bought in 98.. been upgraded with memory/HD, everything has been ok.. This morning all I did to it was adjust the power settings b/c my bf doesn't turn it off at night and I was trying to save it a bit.. but someone then told me that turning it on and off is actally worse for it... so I don't know if that is the problem..

But, we've been trying to startup now and it's on about the 10th go... a blue screen does come up for a nanosecond but can't makeout what it says.

Stop C000221 has failed {Bad Image checksum} shell header is Possibly Corrupt

I've tried starting in safemode and that didn't work, it just kept rebooting, tried to go to "last known good configuration", just rebooted again.. trying to boot from disc now, tried once but I don't know the password for the administrator Also tried debugging, that didn't do anything either

Just did a chkdsk from prompt. said there were errors but they were fixed. Then I get a box pops up and says:

" procedure entrypoint se could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel 32.dll"

then under that last error box... this one came up:

User Interface failure

to logong user interface.dll failed to load

contact your system administrator to replace dll or restore

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help with startup, keeps looping, BSOD!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help with startup, keeps looping, BSOD!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Help with startup, keeps looping, BSOD!!!
by jeffmski48 / October 25, 2004 9:33 AM PDT

Hi

What Operating system are you using? XP? 2000? 98?

Also, what is the processor speed of the PC and how much memory do you have?

Sounds like a lot of "internal" issues. Unless there is a god-like tech out there your best bet would be to re-format the hard drive and re-install the OS from scratch. Because the messages you mentioned kind of means serious issues. Let us know you PC specs and maybe I or someone else can help you.

Collapse -
Re: Help with startup, keeps looping, BSOD!!!
by Cursorcowboy / October 26, 2004 12:48 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.