Question

Help with QoS settings on Actionteck PK5000.

I would like to be able to make my Xbox top priority for bandwidth because whenever I watch Netflix on any other device I can't play COD MW3 without extreme lag (works fine when not watching Netflix). QoS settings on this router confuse me and I have no clue what to select..........I have these questions:

Select the Protocol and TOS BIT value.

Source IP Info
IP
Netmask
Port Range

Destination IP Info
IP
Netmask
Port Range

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Help with QoS settings on Actionteck PK5000.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Help with QoS settings on Actionteck PK5000.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
That's TRUE!

For now you should discover and be told that QoS is not the answer. There are Gaming routers that prioritize gaming but again you read where they don't work to reduce the lag to the point you can't notice it.

Gamers do not share their connection.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
partial solution.

You really can't fix this, your only option is to discard the netflix traffic after you already have received it which is detected as network error so it slows down for a while but it also retransmits all the data you discarded so you actually will increase your traffic...

If you want to try it...

You want to change the DOWNLOAD screen.

You will need to experiment with how much bandwidth you reserve for your xbox since even if you reserve it that does not mean anything outside your house.

On the source IP you want to put in the game server ip and the destination should be your xbox. You are best off if you know the source IP but I suspect you can change the subnet mask to 0.0.0.0 which should mean ANY address. Of course you destination IP should still only be the xbox.

MAYBE you get lucky and it will help.

CNET Forums