Question

Help with my BD-P1600

I had a perfectly good working blue ray player. I decided to connect it to the network and download the firmware so we could use it with netflix etc. The update caused my player to stop working. Tech support at Samsung said i will have to send it in for repairs ($$$). Is there a factory reset on this unit?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Help with my BD-P1600
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Help with my BD-P1600
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Help with my BD-P1600

kscott83,

- Collapse -
Thanks for the quick reply

Holding the FF>> doesn't do any...the button appears to be heat sensitive and it just makes a beep noise when it is touched, but you can touch it forever and nothing happens. The screen shows the blue bubbles as you indicated and eventually goes black as if the blue ray player goes to sleep. The unit does not respond to the remote what soever. Is there a reset inside the unit? I find it disappointing that it will cost me money for Samsungs firmware??

- Collapse -
Thanks for the quick reply

kscott8,

- Collapse -
Firmware

How do I get it on the unit if the unit does not respond to any key functions?

- Collapse -
Firmware

kscott83,

- Collapse -
Type of buttons on the unit

The buttons on this unit are not the type that can be pressed "in"...they react to the touch of your hand...they do not move in and out.

- Collapse -
Type of buttons on the unit

kscott83,

CNET Forums