Question

Help with Huion K58 Graphics Tablet. repeatedly stops workin

Hi,

I recently (less than a week ago) purchased a Huion K58 graphics (or Pen) tablet. It's one of those tablets that is usually used for drawing, handwriting on a PC etc...

The problem I am having with it is that, while I'm working with it, it will all of a sudden stop working and every time it does that I have to spend about half an hour to an hour uninstalling and re-installing the drivers; unplugging and re-plugging the tablet; changing the USB port; restarting the PC etc... It is really annoying.

Sometimes it will work fine at night and when I go to bed and wake up the next morning, I find out that it doesn't work and I have to go through the same process to fix it.

I tried using the drivers that come with the CD, I tried downloading the latest drivers from their website; I even tried using it without a driver (it works, because windows 7 apparently can recognize it, but some of the features are unavailable -like pressure sensitivity), and it still keeps doing the same thing.

When it's working, working the tablet seems to be doing fine and I love it but when it's not it really pisses me off.

If anyone has some insight of how to permanently solve this problem, please help! I think it is a software/driver issue, because I read many people had the same problems when they first bought tablets from this company.

Thanks in advance.
JM

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Help with Huion K58 Graphics Tablet. repeatedly stops workin
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Help with Huion K58 Graphics Tablet. repeatedly stops workin
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
This is why folk return such things.

Try a Wacom next time.

- Collapse -
Seems to be doing fine now.

I emailed the company and they suggested I try a different driver, and since then it seems to be doing fine.

I got this one instead of a wacom because of the price and it's capabilities. For a lower price this tablet has more features than the regular Wacoms especially with the limited budget available to me.

- Collapse -
This industry fells like

Car companies that ship it and fix it later.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info