Question

Help with configuring DVR

Hi guys!

I just bought a DVR & some cams.

I have connected the cams to the DVR and those are working fine, as I see in the external display.

But, I want to stream the video in the net through my ADSL connection, so I can log in to the IP and watch any time I want.

I am using a D Link DSL 2750U/4 port/wireless router.

Any earliest reply would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Help with configuring DVR
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Help with configuring DVR
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: configuring DVR

Knowing the model of your router doesn't help configuring your DVR.

So please provide a link to the user manual of your DVR and mention the page where it tells how to choose between DHCP or a manual IP-address. Without IP-address it can't communicate with the router.

Kees

- Collapse -
Thanks for the quickest response
This is the product
But there is no user manual found in the site.

As per the user manual I got in the package,

IP : (Default) - 192.168.1.10
Subnet Mask : (Default) 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway : 192.168.1.1 (Same as my router's IP)
TCP port : (Default)-34567
HTTP port : (Default)-80

If these details are not enough please let me know.
- Collapse -
Answer
You really do NOT want to stream the video through

your ADSL connection. Really!

What you need to do is configure your DVR, assuming that your DVR is Network Capable, so that you can connect to it from the outside.

Streaming video requires a lot more than just a video source.

See Kees_B's post, configure your DVR for network access, if capable, and read the manual.

P

- Collapse -
Yes!

The DVR is network capable.

Please find my reply to Kees.

I want to watch the video which is getting recorded in DVR from anywhere via internet.

- Collapse -
Re: network capable

That's nice. The details in your post above look good.

Now you know that, first view it on a PC in your LAN, so you know how to do that.

Kees

- Collapse -
:(

But, how?

- Collapse -
Re: how

If that isn't told in the user manual, it probably can't be done. Are you sure network capable means more than "the owner can upgrade the firmware via Internet"?

Kees

- Collapse -
Got something

When I type the IP & the port number as 192.168.1.10:8080 in Chrome it goes to the NETSuveillance WEB. But, even after I installed the plugin it keeps on saying "<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">Please install IE ActiveX: IE_Plugins.exe from CD or download from internet"
<span>

<span>Any ideas?

CNET Forums