Computer Help forum

Resolved Question

Help with Comp Games

by darksnake23 / August 25, 2011 1:20 PM PDT

Alright my comp isnt that bad but the video card sucks.. i am able to play some games on here i just was wondering if anyone had a more extensive list or just some good games my comp can play... P.S. video cards so bad cannot play COD2 on lowest everything.
here is Specs:
CPU
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

CPU Speed

Minimum:
2.0 GHz Performance Rated at: 4 GHz
RAM

Minimum:
1.4 GB
OS

Minimum:Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Video Card

Minimum:
GeForce 6100 nForce 405
Video RAM

570.3 MB

Hardware T&L

Yes
Pixel Shader version

Vertex Shader version

Sound Card

Minimum:
High Definition Audio Device
Free Disk Space

Minimum: 159.9 GB
Really appreciate help... If anyone wants to help help in anyway youi can... advice, games, anything... Ty in advance

darksnake23 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help with Comp Games
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help with Comp Games
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by darksnake23

Collapse -
Re:
by ReviverSoft / August 27, 2011 1:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Help with Comp Games
GeForce 6100 nForce 405

This isn't a discrete video card but the onboard graphics chipset on your motherboard. To be honest, the 6100 is a pretty old chipset and weak in comparison to the current offerings. I would suggest looking up games launched before 2008.

BTW, you can get the latest drivers from here.

Collapse -
Thanks for the link to Nvidia.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 27, 2011 2:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:

It didn't come up the time I looked and thanks for a "maker's" link. Sometimes folk put them on Rapidshare and the mods delete those.
Bob

Collapse -
Well
by darksnake23 / August 27, 2011 5:41 AM PDT
In reply to: Re:

I was trying to see if anyone knew of some games i could play... also you said all games before 2008 well i tried playing COd 2... very old game and it lagged as if it was MW3. So if anyone knows of some good games that i might have a chance to play do tell.
also if i can play some games before 2008 the only genre i cannot seem to play is shooters... idk if its my ram or my video card

Collapse -
I'm thinking the Doom and Quake series should be OK.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 27, 2011 7:15 AM PDT
In reply to: Well
Collapse -
Ahhh
by darksnake23 / August 27, 2011 8:52 AM PDT

I may try Unreal but quake and doom are too old school.. I like the new gen games but my comp is too bad for that...
any more suggestions?

Collapse -
Sorry but we can try "popping the hood"!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 27, 2011 11:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Ahhh

Read 7723-6122_102-510824.html and see where we removed some conflict and overlap and got some speed back.

Bob

Collapse -
Umm
by darksnake23 / August 29, 2011 8:15 AM PDT

Just read that and still have no clue what im doing... I went to my Nvidia control panel and made it so it goes on performance instead of quality

Collapse -
The linked discussion is
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 29, 2011 9:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Umm

About getting someone to read your log file to see if there is overlap or conflicts.

Not everyone can do that reading but it's something I use from time to time to sniff out such issues.

As to the nvidia control panel, I find that to be a dead end. The default settings are usually fine.
Bob

Collapse -
Ok
by darksnake23 / August 29, 2011 9:38 AM PDT

So i Download the program on that link and post my log???

Collapse -
Almost.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 29, 2011 9:45 AM PDT
In reply to: Ok

First you find someone to read it. You have an example discussion to work with. You could look at this log and research each item.
bob

Collapse -
alright
by darksnake23 / August 29, 2011 10:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Almost.

How am i supposed to get the items on the list copied it tried to make a new notepad and i said yes but it still didnt do it...

Collapse -
Usually that's caused by protection software.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 29, 2011 10:09 AM PDT
In reply to: alright

It's a shame software makers do that. Why not save it to some file, open the file?

Here's the deal. For me to work with you on this I want you to apply yourself to the task. That is, use your skills and think it over. If make a new notepad fails, what other options?

This is like me helping change the flat tire. I can't do it all.
Bob

Collapse -
Nvm
by darksnake23 / August 29, 2011 10:15 AM PDT

Got it to work had to run as administrator thanks anyway and thanks for all the help..

Collapse -
Answer
Sorry but what make and model is this?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 25, 2011 1:38 PM PDT
In reply to: Help with Comp Games

"GeForce 6100 nForce 405"

I didn't find drivers for 7 for that. But a friend had me install XP on something similar.

Only took it all day. They had been at it for over a month. PITA.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.