Computer Help forum

General discussion

Help with a Software issue please

by Syphon-Z / October 30, 2004 2:15 PM PDT

I Installed some software that came with my Cannon Digital Camera. The programs worked great for awhile...but then they stopped. I un-installed and re-installed and they would work fine for a bit but then again the main program ZoombrowserEX wont let me download pics from my digital camera. Now I tried again to uninstall and re-install but the install disc said that these programs aleady existed and I didnt need to re-install. I double checked that I did in fact uninstall these programs but the software thinks they are still there...and when I use add/delete Windows program the software still shows up on the list but when I try to delete the system goes through a quick delete process but then it stops deleting and the program never gets erased from the list. How can this be fixed...why does my system not erase these programs? I have a Dell with XP professional and I just did the SP2 install...but the problems occured wat before the install. Any ideas?

Sean

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help with a Software issue please
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help with a Software issue please
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Help with a Software issue please
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 31, 2004 5:42 AM PST

Sean,

There are a number of different programs which come with Canon cameras. Their exact names might help. In addition, Canon does have a support site at the link below. They might have a better idea about their own software. Indeed, you'll need to make sure that the software is SP2 compatible, even if the problem started before SP2.

Canon Product Search and Support

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
If u use USB for camera
by reefurbb / October 31, 2004 10:04 PM PST

SP2 may have messed with your USB drivers, if u allowed hardware updates. But since this was already happening some, have you checked for viruses and spies?
If u don't use USB, then serial port?
U should be getting error messages "can't find dig cam", or "no pics in camera"....what?

Collapse -
Re: If u use USB for camera
by Syphon-Z / November 3, 2004 5:01 AM PST

YEah I get a Message that states cant find camera

Sean

Collapse -
Re: If u use USB for camera
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 3, 2004 5:09 AM PST

Look at the registry key noted at http://www.tech-recipes.com/windows_tips622.html to see if something altered the policy (HINT: prevents USB devices from connecting).

Also, I always look for latest BIOS, enable USB in the BIOS and motherboard drivers.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?