Question

Help windows 7 asus netbook will not charge battery

I have a asus 1201n eee pc it was working with no problems fast stable nothing wrong one day 3 weeks ago windows updates came out downloaded and installed ever since then a adapter plugged in says charging but isn't. Already replaced battery and charger. Us ut windows? Or the computer?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Help windows 7 asus netbook will not charge battery
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Help windows 7 asus netbook will not charge battery
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
If you accepted drivers from Microsoft

Such is known to happen. Use System Restore to when it worked. Beats the next step.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks

I tried that but windows seems to only keep one recovery and it files a recovery after every windows update.thanks again.

- Collapse -
Next idea. Driver Rollback.

In device manager, for the battery or acpi battery, use the driver rollback feature.

- Collapse -
Answer
Tried This?

In order to correct problems with the battery's power management software, follow the steps below.
1. Access the "Device Manager" .
2. Expand the Batteries category.
3. Under the Batteries category, right-click the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listing, and select Uninstall .
WARNING: Do not remove the Microsoft AC Adapter driver or any other ACPI compliant driver.
4. On the Device Manager taskbar, click Scan for hardware changes .
Alternately, select Action > Scan for hardware changes .
Windows will scan your computer for hardware that doesn't have drivers installed, and will install the drivers needed to manage your battery's power. Restarting Windows will have the same effect of letting Windows re-recognize the hardware and installing the correct drivers.

If that doesn't fix it, then shut down the computer, unplug all power cords, remove the battery, then depress the power button for 30 seconds. Replace the battery making sure all connections are solid, then plug in the power cord. Hopefully things are good.

Hope this helps.,

Grif

- Collapse -
thanks

Thanks for the help I did that but after a few minutes it just reinstalled the drivers for power manager. it sucks but I'm just going to reinstall window 7.thanks again.

CNET Forums