Ultrasone is the best i've come across. Made in Germany, comfortable, good warranty, very good sound, electromagnetically shielded, drivers are offset so there is less pressure on the ear drum (a lot of studios use them because they do not fatigue after long use and they are very accurate), really good bass, comfortable ear pads, the list goes on... check them out at ultrasoneusa.com
I am looking for a little advice.. I am looking to buy a set of headphones.. Anywhere up to $100/$150 is fine.. But my situation is a little specific and I can't seem to find anything online that would be able to help me out.. So here are my needs:
- I will be wearing these for 8+ at a time - COMFORT is #1 issue (I don't want to hurt my ears, or wear cans that get so hot that I would have to take them off...)
- I will be wearing these in an office environment - I absolutelly cannot disturb others.. I don't plan to play the music too loud, but loudly enough to hear (and block out the general sounds)..
- Durability - since I will be using them this much, I don't want them to fall apart after 3 months... However, being reasonable, I don't expect these to last 10 years either..
- I am not too concerned about what type they are (as long as they satisfy the important issues).
- I will be using these (95% of the time) hooked into a computer, so a longer cord is better.. Though I could always buy an extender.. the other 5% they would be hooked into a portable (so if they could run off one, great.. if not, I could live with it).. in other words - if they are foldable/portable - awesome.. If not, I could get over it a lot easier than if they gave me headaches after 2 hours..
- I am not an audiophile. Nowhere close. As long as the quality is acceptable, that is good enough.. If there is a choice however, I do listen to a lot of "euro-dance" - i.e. a lot of bass and drums.. On the other hand, all things equal, I would not mind paying more (under $150 if possible) to get better sound..