General discussion

help, unmountable boot volume i can't get a start up prompt

hello all, thanks for taking the time to read this. I have tried everything mentioned in all the help places. I came home today and got this message. i can't get a prompt to use a start-up disc. or a recovery disc. I see that alot of people have gotten this blue screen message. Could this be caused by a power surge? If so, is there a solution, besides a new P.C.? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: help, unmountable boot volume i can't get a start up prompt
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: help, unmountable boot volume i can't get a start up prompt
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -

When exactly does this error occur? And how exactly does it look like?

-AInTeL

- Collapse -
oh no

i turn it on, and it goes to the start windows normally or safe mode. anyone i choose brings me to the blue screen. I put in a restore disc and now it just keeps going back to the same message: Windows did not start successfully, well at least the blue screen is gone. now it says "windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: windows 32 I think i have made the problem worse by trying to fix it. It runs threw all the tests and passes, it says it is shadowed? I'm thinking, new P.C.
thanks

- Collapse -
You don't need a new PC.

You need to reload windows. Have you try that?

- Collapse -
i think so

my mother put in a start up windows that went to another p.c. it loaded, and went to the start windows screen, or safe mode, it starts to load, then says something about missing or corrupt system 32. so now my blue screen problem is gone and i have another one. same message for safe mode, normal or last known.

CNET Forums

Forum Info