Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

General discussion

HELP!!! Transfer music and photos from ipod to computer!

Dec 21, 2005 10:22AM PST

My hard drive crashed on my laptop (Mac iBook G4 with OSX- Tiger- 10.4.3) and I have an 4g ipod photo 60gb. Anyways, I am trying to find a way to transfer all of my music and photos back on to my laptop from my ipod. I know that there is a ton of software out there to transfer music from the ipod back to itunes. And so far the only hope that I have to transfer my photos back is from media four, but it doesn't seem to work with Apple's system so I don't know if there is any other software out there that would be able to assist in this. Any recommendations would be extremely helpful and appreciated. Also, any software preferences as to which software is best for transferring music from your ipod to your computer would be great too!

Thanks!!!

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
I think you're screwed
Dec 21, 2005 10:49AM PST

I know of a few things that work for windows but none that work with macs. there ipodcopy and media four. But niether work for macs. My solution would be use a friend's pc that has xp or 2000, use one of those programs (ipodcopy has a free trail) and recover your music on their computer. MAKE A BACK UP!!!!!! from thier computer and then install it back onto your computer. Big hassle i know. But that's the only way I know how to do it. Also as an little extra advice....MAKE BACKUPS OF YOUR MUSIC!!!! lol You'll never have to worry about your computer crashing and losing your music or photos.

- Collapse -
Try this
Dec 23, 2005 10:46AM PST
- Collapse -
PC
Dec 23, 2005 11:48PM PST

Do you know of a program like that for pc. I've been looking for one that will allow me to get the playlist off my ipod back to my computer. Seeing that I'm always accidently deleting playlist on iTunes.

- Collapse -
try going to ilounge.com
Dec 24, 2005 1:33AM PST

Go to http://www.ilounge.com and click in the forums and search under "transferring music from ipod back to computer" and you can see quite a few postings with different feedback from various software that you can download to use. And another option is just to go to ilounge.com and look under the software and click on PC and that should pull up plenty of the software and give a description to it as well. Hope that this helps!

- Collapse -
You might want to try
Dec 23, 2005 10:47AM PST

posting to the Mac forum for Mac specific help

P