General discussion

HELP!!! Transfer music and photos from ipod to computer!

My hard drive crashed on my laptop (Mac iBook G4 with OSX- Tiger- 10.4.3) and I have an 4g ipod photo 60gb. Anyways, I am trying to find a way to transfer all of my music and photos back on to my laptop from my ipod. I know that there is a ton of software out there to transfer music from the ipod back to itunes. And so far the only hope that I have to transfer my photos back is from media four, but it doesn't seem to work with Apple's system so I don't know if there is any other software out there that would be able to assist in this. Any recommendations would be extremely helpful and appreciated. Also, any software preferences as to which software is best for transferring music from your ipod to your computer would be great too!

Thanks!!!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: HELP!!! Transfer music and photos from ipod to computer!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HELP!!! Transfer music and photos from ipod to computer!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I think you're screwed

I know of a few things that work for windows but none that work with macs. there ipodcopy and media four. But niether work for macs. My solution would be use a friend's pc that has xp or 2000, use one of those programs (ipodcopy has a free trail) and recover your music on their computer. MAKE A BACK UP!!!!!! from thier computer and then install it back onto your computer. Big hassle i know. But that's the only way I know how to do it. Also as an little extra advice....MAKE BACKUPS OF YOUR MUSIC!!!! lol You'll never have to worry about your computer crashing and losing your music or photos.

- Collapse -
Try this
- Collapse -
PC

Do you know of a program like that for pc. I've been looking for one that will allow me to get the playlist off my ipod back to my computer. Seeing that I'm always accidently deleting playlist on iTunes.

- Collapse -
try going to ilounge.com

Go to http://www.ilounge.com and click in the forums and search under "transferring music from ipod back to computer" and you can see quite a few postings with different feedback from various software that you can download to use. And another option is just to go to ilounge.com and look under the software and click on PC and that should pull up plenty of the software and give a description to it as well. Hope that this helps!

- Collapse -
You might want to try

posting to the Mac forum for Mac specific help

P

CNET Forums

Forum Info