General discussion

help!! to connect my pc with my tv!

hi i've just purchased a lead that runs from my pc to my tv through rgb, but i cant seem to get a picture on my tv can anyone help please??? many thanks, sam

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: help!! to connect my pc with my tv!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: help!! to connect my pc with my tv!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Maybe

Maybe, but we'd need some details about the "lead" you bought. And it should also be mentioned that many people get these fanciful ideas of being able to use a TV as a cheap replacement monitor, and usually those fantasies are dashed on the jagged rocks of reality as soon as they turn it on for the first time.

If you're using a high bandwidth connection like HDMI or DVI, it is acceptable for short periods of time, but any other connection is pretty much a complete waste of time.

- Collapse -
Lead as in VGA cable, or leads as in...

components cable (RCA) or s-video cable? Maybe a better question to ask you; Does the TV have a PC connection?

- Collapse -
sorry for lack of info!

the cable i bought is a coax high resolution monitor vga cable hd15m/m, i connected it to where my monitor plugs in my pc, and i plugged the other end into the rgb(pc) connection on my tv, the guy in the computer shop said this is all i'll need, i hope that helps you help me! thank you again for sparing your time to help, many thanks sam.

- Collapse -
Thank you, sorry about the lack of detail!

the cable i bought is a coax high resolution monitor vga cable hd15m/m, i connected it to where my monitor plugs in my pc, and i plugged the other end into the rgb(pc) connection on my tv, the guy in the computer shop said this is all i'll need, i hope that helps you help me! thank you again for sparing your time to help, many thanks sam.

CNET Forums

Forum Info