Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Help Selecting new MP3 Player

Hello! I've finally decided to bite the bullet so to speak and pick up a new MP3 player, as my old iPod basically can't keep a charge up long enough to make it worth while (yes, I know it's possible to change the battery, but being the techie I am, I can't say no to a reason for new tech!).

Now, I've got it narrowed down fairly good I think, though I'm not really sure what one to go with in the end. Also, you will notice I left iPod touch out of the list due to the fact I would rather not go back to one unless I really have a reason to.

So, basically I'm trying to pick out among the Cowon S9, Cowon O2, and the Archos 5. Each seem to be equally nice players, but I'm really not sure what one would end up on top so to speak.

As things stand, I'm a bit worried about the Archos 5, while I've heard good things about it, the idea of having to cough up the cash for extra codecs (which in my honest opinion, should be free with a player from the get go.

The S9 looks quite nice, but once again, I've been hearing people state how it feels cheap and at times flimsy, I mean, no one wants to use something that feels like it's going to break when they tap the screen, though I must say, the battery time on it is quite nice.

Now for the O2...well, what of it? I've been hearing great things about it, with the only problem being that the screen is a bit finicky at times, though I've yet to find anyone testify on how finicky it can be.

Anywho, any help would be appreciated! Salute!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help Selecting new MP3 Player
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help Selecting new MP3 Player
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.