Windows Vista forum

General discussion

HELP PLEASE!

I have windows vista ultimate and am currently using avg and advanced system protector and ccleaner for pc maintence. I did a scan with the advanced system protector and have found that I have something called dialer.delf.f and trojan.dropper.delf on the pc. Well, once the scan is done, it offers to clean it and so it does. the problem is that I would say when it does its routine scan maybe two or three days later, it will find that file again. I have cleared the quarantine and everything and yet they keep coming back. Any help would be appreciated!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HELP PLEASE!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HELP PLEASE!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Any other clues?

In reply to: HELP PLEASE!

I had something all too similar on a client. But after we got the machine we found they were a torrent user and scans with other tools found more. Here's why I ask for more clues. Think over what you are using the machine for. Anything 'iffy'?

Collapse -
=0/

In reply to: Any other clues?

Well, I will not lie, I have used some pretty random programs before like bittorent and limewire and I have stopped and I am not a least bit surprised this happened. I went ahead and formatted and and redownloaded my operating system, hopefully this will give me a leg up or if not give me time to research it more and get more assistance, thanks for replying to me though and if you have any other ideas for me please, PLEASE let me know

Collapse -
Do over?

In reply to: =0/

Collapse -
Try another Antivirus?

In reply to: HELP PLEASE!

It could be probably deep in your registry.

I recommend using Spybot - Search & Destroy: http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-amp-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html?tag=contentBody;mostPopTwoColWrap&cdlPid=11000454

This "Advanced System Protector" I haven't even heard of, you'd be better off using Avast w/ Spybot - Search & Destroy. Avast is my personal favorite free antivirus program that does an EXCELLENT job, or use NOD32 if your willing to pay.

I will look into Advanced System Protector, see what I can learn about it.

Collapse -
EDIT

In reply to: Try another Antivirus?

I found out that Advanced System Protection has lot of false positives. Probably not the best program you can use...

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.