Download the following:
1. SUPERAntispyware free from http://www.superantispyware.com
2. RogurRemover Free from http://www.malwarebytest.org
3. Ewido micro scanner from http://downloads.ewido.net/ewido_micro.exe (direct download)
Try to use any of them by scanning the system after updating (note: ewido micro scanner will automatically download the database when you open it).
If no luck to remove the malware, use HijackThis tool and post your log at HijackThis forum.
Instruction at http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6132_102-0.html?forumID=32&threadID=255339&messageID=2533167
If you prefer to wipe the drive, use:
DBAN - freeware from http://dban.sourceforge.net/
Kill Disk (trial available) from http://www.killdisk.com/
When done.. fresh install XP. Install all the patches from Microsoft Update website http://update.microsoft.com
Enable the firewall after installing Service Pack 2 of XP.
Install antivirus and antispyware then run a full system scan.
My computer has been affected by this/these nasty ad/spywares that just won't go away...
THINGS I TRIED:
- Reformating Hard Drive and Installing XP
- Installed Antivirus and other Apps (CounterSpy, AVG Anti-Spyware, WinPatrol, Spy Sweeper, Ad-Aware, and a couple more) but all of them removing stuff only to have the spyware active again a few seconds later or after I restart!
- Yellow triangular flashing icon with '!' mark on Taskbar that seems to be incharge, launching everything else. It keeps showing bubbles talking about seurity and stuff, trying to get me to click it.
- 2 undeletable desktop icons, Online Security Guide and Live Safety Centre, that link to their site, but always show up once deleted.
- Random error messages appearing out of no where, talking about security too.
- Internet Explorer 6 launching every few minutes with their adds and crap displayed... I one had about 58 of them piling on the Taskbar, after half an hour!
- It doesn't matter whether I am connected to the internet or not, this keeps happening and the only way to avoid them so far has been ending the explorer.exe process using the Task Manager...
Desperate need of help, I tried everything I could think of, but they just wont go away!
Windows XP, SP2