Video Cameras forum

General discussion

Help or advice needed for a JVC DVL9000

by Abanatour / May 21, 2006 12:46 AM PDT

I have a problem with my camcorder it keeps showing an error code E02,this puts it into safe mode, according to the trouble shooting if you remove the battery and press the reset button it should clear the problem, it did not ,so was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and can shed some light on it with a solution, or does it meen a visit to a repair shop if so would it be an expensive repair, or just scrap it and replace it,

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help or advice needed for a JVC DVL9000
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help or advice needed for a JVC DVL9000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
advice needed for a JVC DVL9000?????
by jcrobso / May 25, 2006 4:58 AM PDT

What the exact model #. I couldn't find thia ons on the JVC site. John

Collapse -
advice needed for JVC DVL 9000
by Abanatour / May 30, 2006 4:10 PM PDT

John
The model is listed its GR-DVL9000 think I have found out what the problem is ,think it is a slipping or missing belt
Mick

Collapse -
Same camera - same problem!
by jules0317m / June 1, 2006 9:53 AM PDT

Hi Mick,

I have the same camera as you and got exactly the same problem.
Do you have any manual showing how to open the camera and fix the belt? How did you find that? Could you please help me with instructions?

I can't open the place where the tape goes inside the camera - the one saying PUSH HERE.
I can't use my camera for months and will be really glad if you could tell me how did you discover the problem.

Any site with exploded views, etc?

Thanks in advance.
Ric

Collapse -
help or advice needed for DVL9000
by Abanatour / June 1, 2006 6:46 PM PDT

Ric,
I got the information from a bloke in America, if you send me your e-mail address to mick094m@hotmail.com I will forward you the info with diagram, I have stripped mine, but now trying to find out how to get to the underside of the cassette drive to replace the drive belt,I have taken some pics of mine to send to the bloke in Ameerica to see if he can help
Mick

Collapse -
Problem with DVL9000
by IISKETCHII / June 12, 2006 8:07 PM PDT

I've got a similar problem with mine. The tape ended and ejected and now it won't take a new tape. It doesn't close enough to close the outer cover and just keeps ejecting. Can you send me any info you have on stripping it down to harry.knighting@btinternet.com please.

Thanks,

Harry

Collapse -
problem with DVL9000
by Abanatour / June 13, 2006 6:53 PM PDT
In reply to: Problem with DVL9000

Not had much success as yet but will keep you informed still searching for information

Collapse -
Recall of DVL9000
by jeloneaj / September 15, 2006 2:57 AM PDT
In reply to: problem with DVL9000

I am having the same problem with mine, on rewind it ruins the tape. Search JVC site and found that these cams Manufactured between 2000 and 2001 have been recalled. If you get your cam in before OCT 2006 they will pay. Unfortunately mine was manufactured 1998 so it is $50.00 service charge to have them look at it. I think my problem is the small foam stoppers that sit against the tape spools (1 seams to be worn down)

http://www.jvcservice.com/service/custnoticecamcorder.asp?ReqType=Mech

Collapse -
JVC Service
by raptor3d / October 31, 2006 5:05 AM PST
In reply to: Recall of DVL9000

I sent mine in to JVC service as per the site listed above. However they require proof of purchase in the form of the original receipt or credit card statement.

They were very nice, but there's actually no way for me to get a receipt. A friend an I bought 2 DLV-9000's as a package and I wrote him a check. He's no longer living. Grrrr

They will do an estimate for $50 and let me know. Funny I have a Sony TRV38 that went south for the CCD problem, Sony repaired it and sent it back no charge as it was a recall too. It took 5 days and they didn't require a receipt. I just got it back last week.

Anybody got a JVC GR-DLV9000U receipt they can send me a copy of???

Stan

Collapse -
Does it have to be a reciept
by boya84 / October 31, 2006 6:57 AM PST
In reply to: JVC Service

from a retail establishement or can a non-retail entity sell it to you and provide that receipt? When is "original" is "original"?

Collapse -
(NT) receipt?
by raptor3d / October 31, 2006 10:28 PM PST

The rep said any proof, like a cancelled check or a credit card statement would do. I got the idea that it should be from the original sale, but not necessarily to the same party.

I'll have to ask the rep when he calls back with the estimate on repairs. I checked back with some former associates and the guy who actually placed the order and would have had a receipt is dead.

I think we paid around $2300 for the camera.

Collapse -
Does it have to be a reciept
by boya84 / October 31, 2006 6:58 AM PST
In reply to: JVC Service

from a retail establishement or can a non-retail entity sell it to you and provide that receipt? When is "original" "original"?

Collapse -
JVC GR-DVL9000 EO2 problem help please
by kyuss1891 / November 6, 2007 2:06 PM PST

start up cam and it goes to EO2 or EO3 and just stalls.
Can't playback, can't record???
Please any help out there?
thank you

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?