Internet Service Providers forum

General discussion

help opening a port in my router please

hello people i got a belkin router at home and i want to open a port on it for torrent . so i could download programs, and more stuff on it. Someone told me i could open a port on it just for the torrent and they will be able to download will fast , so i dunno who to open a port can someone please please tell me how to do it.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: help opening a port in my router please
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: help opening a port in my router please
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: opening a port.

In reply to: help opening a port in my router please

To download most programs, you don't need bittorrent. Just use your browser. What particular program are you planning to use bittorrent for?

Just the usual advice now: read the manual of the router on how to do it.

Kees

Collapse -
still need help open a port in my router . help please

In reply to: Re: opening a port.

thanks a lot guys but i used bittorrent for download games pc games and mix cds i told my friend that the download is long way long takes days that's when he told me i could open a port in my router just for it and that will make the download more faster . can somone tell me how too. i got a belkin router, please please help me . please.

Collapse -
Let me cite one of my colleagues in another thread.

In reply to: still need help open a port in my router . help please

Here's the problem.

These bittorrent utilities are, too often, used to download copyrighted content, eg games, software, videos, music, that is otherwise commercially available and is not free. This is called Piracy, and is illegal in most countries.

Because of what you say I make the assumption that these software, games and videos you have downloaded are subject to copyright. Forum Policies forbid us to help where illegal activities are undertaken and I believe you have transgressed these policies.

Therefore I am locking this and your other discussion. If you feel I am mistaken, please feel free to contact me through my profile.

That comes from http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6035_102-0.html?forumID=5&threadID=258487&messageID=2552154#2552154

Somehow, the email option in my profile doesn't work. But I'm sure Mark is willing to unlock this thread also if I'm mistaken.

Kees

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.